the best fork seal+wiper combination

6 replies to this topic
  • Ingvar

Posted June 20, 2002 - 11:39 PM

What is the best replacement fork seal+wiper combination for our "crying" Kayaba 46 mm inverted
fork? WB, K&S, something else?

• Sean_McCutcheon

Posted June 21, 2002 - 12:45 AM

I have tried a few different brands of seals and so far factory connections have held up great.

• Ingvar

Posted June 21, 2002 - 01:18 AM

Do you mean seals from Kayaba (or maybe Yamaha
makes them itself)? Probably the price for original parts is too high (as usual)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sean_McCutcheon

Posted June 21, 2002 - 01:50 AM

No not factory seals. They are made by factory connection. Check out

• 98yz

Posted June 21, 2002 - 02:45 AM

Most of the seals made seem to be pretty good except for the ones that go by the name "leak Proof". Yea Right, what was their marketing dept. thinking when they named those.

• MOmilkman

Posted June 21, 2002 - 03:43 AM

The fork seals that 98yz refers to are called Pro-Moly Leak Proof seals and Dennis Kirk is the only dealer I know of and I think they are great.

I have used stock Yamaha seals over, and over, and over, and over.... with the same results.
Finally I got smart and tried something else and I have had them on my bike now for over 6 months! And thats a record for riding around here in the mud.
It probably helped that I put Seal Savers on at the same time ( think there is also a banner ad on this website)

Plus if these seals ever fail they are warranted for a life time. (of course you have to be sure and install them correctly! :) )

• Ingvar

Posted June 22, 2002 - 10:07 AM

Thank you a lot, buddies, i'll try them.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.