Sprockets and chains

3 replies to this topic
  • siscokid7

Posted October 11, 2008 - 05:27 AM

Does anyone run vortex sprockets and DID chain? The x-ring in particular. I am changing from stock very soon and I cant decide if I wanna stick with renthal or try something new.

• Kawirider37

Posted October 12, 2008 - 09:13 PM

I am wondering this same thing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • curthall11

Posted October 12, 2008 - 09:44 PM

Right now I am running the x-ring chain and vortex sprockets and haven't had any problems with them. They have been on my bike for about a year and I don't seen replacing them in the near future.

• siscokid7

Posted October 13, 2008 - 07:55 AM

I am wondering this same thing. How long did your renthal hold up for you? Any complaints?

I didnt use the renthal on my new bike. I ve always used them on all my other toys. The only thing I dont like is if you wheely alot or any time you drop the clutch and get a sudden surge of torque the teeth on the rear sprocket get slightly deformed. After a couple of months they are very noticeably mishaped. Almost like a shark fin. Thatswhy I wanted to try the vortex. I heard they were stronger but I wasnt sure.

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.