06' WR450 crazy idle

2 replies to this topic
  • kwar63

Posted October 11, 2008 - 02:42 AM

I have an 06' with a YZ pipe and appropriate jetting (i think). I can not get the bike to idle. It either dies if I turn it to low or if I get it to idle just right and not die then the first time I come off the throttle on the track it revs high again until I chop the throttle a couple of times. Even if I chop the throttle and get the bike to idle again, it will eventually start creeping up on the rev even as I just sit on the bike with it running. What is the deal?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gnarler65

Posted October 11, 2008 - 04:03 AM

My two bobs worth.Have a look at the needle and seat.

• William1

Posted October 11, 2008 - 04:09 AM

Pilot jet is too small or partially clogged. If this recently started to happen, I'd replace the jet (do not try to clean it, not worth the aggravation). If it has always been this way, you may want to try the nest size up. This all assuming you have tweaked the fuel screw and are already at 3.5 or more turns open on it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.