manual cam chain adjuster

6 replies to this topic
  • buggs bunny

Posted October 10, 2008 - 06:34 AM

dose anyone know where to buy a manual cam chain adjuster for 08 wr450.

there is a pop up on TT that advertises for this product but it doesn't list Yamaha for some reason?:D

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted October 10, 2008 - 06:52 AM

dose anyone know where to buy a manual cam chain adjuster for 08 wr450.

there is a pop up on TT that advertises for this product but it doesn't list Yamaha for some reason?:D

im pretty sure the tt store sells them...not sure if they work on the wr though

can i ask why you want to change yours?

• buggs bunny

Posted October 11, 2008 - 05:50 AM

when you read the customer reviews they talk about the stock ones back off and cause the chain to jump a tooth.plus after the stock one wears the chain gets extra noisy.so with the manual adjuster you just tighten it up a fuzz and it is quieter.

bottom line. more dependable

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brad the best

Posted October 11, 2008 - 04:19 PM

i have never had a problem with my auto chain adjuster , my wr is almost 6 years old .

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted October 11, 2008 - 04:22 PM

i have never had a problem with my auto chain adjuster , my wr is almost 6 years old .

thats what im say'in....my 06 before i sold it had over 10k miles on it and i never touched the motor, cam chain, valves you name it....

• DrzDasher

Posted October 13, 2008 - 06:51 PM

that adjuster is for the drz only, the auto adjuster gets too tight not too loose. should not have a problem on the wr.

• JSanfilippo

Posted October 13, 2008 - 07:16 PM

Not needed on the Yamahas.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.