43 replies to this topic
  • ThumperWR450F

Posted January 13, 2003 - 11:53 AM

cancel that road trip guys. my dealer called and my bike will be in by the end of this week .he said it's been shipped out !! woo woo. could i be the second person to have a wr450 ??? don't worry i'll call out sick the next day ,ride it and post my oppinions on it !! if i can stop riding it long enough to sit infront of the comp to let veryone know my 2 cents on it !!

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted January 15, 2003 - 04:36 AM

OK guys, I couldn't stand it. I went up to Steahly Off Road and picked up my bike yesterday. While waiting on the fly wheel puller, I figured I might as well have MY bike instead of him. I got it home and proceeded to tear it apart. I removed the throttle stop and cut it off, put it back in rechecked, recut, rechecked untill I finally got it to where it opened fully. Next I ripped the air cleaner baffle out if the air box. It comes right out with the use of two flat screwdrivers and a pair of pliars after the battery is out of the battery box. Next was the exhaust baffle. It was replaced with my home made Baja baffle. I started working on the odometer removal but decided to wait to see if maybe I can find an original speedo mount from the local cycle salvage yard. Oh and I did start it with the old boot method. Kind of like kicking my old DT 1 Yamaha. Not a whole lot of effort needed. I am going to have to dream up a differant hot start mount because thats where the rear view mirror has to go. You guys will see what I mean when you get your bikes.. I didn't do the gray wire mod yet because I can't remember where the darned thing is located or whether it even needs to be done. Dealer said "yes" but that was just a salesman and they will tell you most anything just to give you some kind of an answer.
Will post more when I have done more.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ddialogue

Posted January 15, 2003 - 04:43 AM

Let's see some photos Jim!!

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted January 15, 2003 - 05:05 AM

Photos?????? I only post while I am at work. I don't own a digital camera or a computer. I spend all my dough on nessasary stuff like bikes and parts.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.