Clark Mason - Crankcase Breather Tube

21 replies to this topic
  • YZ_MAN

Posted March 09, 2001 - 01:35 PM

I think the pcv valv would not be a good idea I would not want the oil pump to incounter any abnormal presure and hinder oil flow. All I did was put a k&n filter on it and put it in my air box. I like the t-peice idea I would make sure to put a filter on it thow to make sure no dirt gets in.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • john_pearce

Posted June 04, 2001 - 05:55 AM

I RECENTLY BOUGHT A FULL OFFICIAL YAMAHA ROAD
LEGAL KIT . INCLUDED IN THE KIT WAS A NEW
BREATHER HOSE , WHICH CONNECTS ONTO THE
BLANKED OFF SPOUT (ONCE OPENED UP OF COURSE) ITS THE SPOUT ON THE RUBBER PART OF THE AIRBOX
CARB SIDE OF THE AIR FILTER.I PESUME THAT
IT IS LESS LIKELY TO GET ANY WATER FROM FLOODING IN THE PIPE WHILST IT IS CARB SIDE OF THE FILTER ELEMENT.I DON'T SUPPOSE THAT THE HOSE WILL SPIT TOO MUCH GUNGE OUT SO THAT IT WILL ENTER THE CARB . BUT I RECON YAMAHA
MUST HAVE DONE THIER HOMEWORK HERE ??.
HAVE ANY OF YOU GUYS OUT THERE FITTED ONE
AND IF SO HAVE YOU HAD ANY PROBLEMS??.
WELL MINES NOW FITTED IF I GET ANY TROUBLE I'LL LET YOU KNOW.
( DAMN F+M )

JOHN
HANTS , ENGLAND

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.