New WR450 06 Owner, new to the forum, hello!

1 reply to this topic
  • fasthands

Posted October 08, 2008 - 02:30 AM

Hello folks I have just got a 2006 WR450F and I will be using it on the road. I am a returning biker as I was involved in a major near fatal accident at work in May 07, having both my Femurs crushed by a 1968 Ford Mustang GT350. I am now recovering well and walking thanks to some metalwork. And will be attending college soon to retrain as a motorcycle mechanic. The insurance company are funding the course and my full motorcycle licence.
So my Mum bless her has bought me the bike, as a friend was selling it at a great price, so I can sit and look at it until I pass my test. More torture!
The bike has only covered 687 miles and is pristine. I am just wondering if I should go the full Super Moto way, or fit some more road type tires to the existing rims. any suggestions would be great!:lame:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted October 08, 2008 - 05:39 AM

Are your area roads bordered by fun dirt roads or non-technical unpaved routes? Maybe you'd like to explore those someday; SM wheels/tires can still do those just at a slower speed for the most part.

If you have no desire to go off the pavement then by all means kit your great new bike in some SM gear!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.