What do i need to order for the WR petcock?

7 replies to this topic
  • spc mike

Posted October 07, 2008 - 04:29 PM

iam going to put a WR petcock on my bike for the reserve option but iam a little confused about what i should order. If i order "16" on the diagram will i get everything that is within the outline?

heres the link
http://oem.thumperta...6Ffueltank.aspx

• yz480doinwork

Posted October 07, 2008 - 05:17 PM

call your dealer tell him what you need. thats the best way

• grayracer513

Posted October 07, 2008 - 05:38 PM

To answer your question, yes, the petcock assembly includes all of the parts within the bounding lines.

• swatdoc

Posted October 08, 2008 - 02:23 AM

i really need to get that for my bike too, 'cause you don't look nearly as cool when you're pushing your bike for miles to the nearest gas station when you run out of gas on the freeway!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • spc mike

Posted October 08, 2008 - 10:18 AM

i really need to get that for my bike too, 'cause you don't look nearly as cool when you're pushing your bike for miles to the nearest gas station when you run out of gas on the freeway!

HAHA thats for sure! and thanks gray racer!

• rexbond007

Posted October 08, 2008 - 06:46 PM

just be sure when you order it the petcock out flow is pointing the right way,

for the 01 gas flow tube goes to the right, like in your o1 diagram, if you have a 06 to 08 bike the petcock gas out flow tube will have to go to the left.

• grayracer513

Posted October 08, 2008 - 06:57 PM

Excellent point. Be sure you order the part fro an '07 or later WR so it's configured right.

• spc mike

Posted October 08, 2008 - 10:06 PM

yeah good piont on the direction of the spout output, but i will be putting it on my 2002 426 so it should be ok. i just ordered it a today and i cant wait to have the reserve feature!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.