brp vs ktm 520 exc

6 replies to this topic
  • hourout

Posted January 08, 2003 - 06:17 PM

a friend of mine just called and wanted to know if i would even swap my 01 brp for his stock ktm 520 exc. both bikes have nj title and plates. his is stock and a 00. mine has a e sires,summers fork brace, protapers, moose skid plate, ims 4 gallon tank, ims shrouds, devol rad gards, and elderbrock pumper. i need advice making up my mind. i ride tight east cost enduros and he just doesn't seem to like the ktm feel. he only rode the bike a hand full of times. thanks in advance. later :)

• cliffherzog

Posted January 08, 2003 - 10:31 PM

Think about it?!..

Why does he want to give up his KTM???

Unless you don't like the BRP, I would tend to think he knows what the better bike is and wants to get one over on you.

That's just what I think. :)

Stay with the BRP.

• Dutch

Posted January 09, 2003 - 03:16 AM

I love my BRP but, all things being equal condition wise, the KTM is worth more, is a better woods bike, and has electric start. Do it!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • davet

Posted January 09, 2003 - 10:52 AM

I think that if both bikes are in simalr condition and equaly worn,with a little proper set up and afew gaurds (skid plate ect.)the KTM is the bike to have, expecialy if you ride tight woods. :)

• DWCamaro69

Posted January 09, 2003 - 08:13 PM

I had 2 XR650R's, bought a '02 KTM MXC last year. The "magic" button, lighter, more power. This is the best bike I have owned! The XR was a great bike but the KTM is light years ahead.

• XR/CRDave

Posted January 10, 2003 - 02:31 PM

Trade for the KTM if its in excellent condition. You can still sell it and get another XR650 w/o loosing money.

• MMotohead

Posted January 10, 2003 - 02:51 PM

The only terrain I would rather have the 650 for is Baja type desert.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.