Lighter E start battery? Where do I find one?

4 replies to this topic
  • mikeythefokker

Posted October 06, 2008 - 09:46 PM

I have heard of people saving a few pounds by swapping out the stock battery for a lighter model. Where can I find one, and what are the model number specifics. Also, for anyone who has done it, did you find the mod to have been worth it, in terms of the $ to the weight savings? Was there any difference in battery performance either? Thanks in advance.

• muddza

Posted October 06, 2008 - 11:39 PM

I think KTM make a light weight smaller battery you can buy direct from them... don't know how much???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chas_M

Posted October 07, 2008 - 07:37 AM

The best battery for KTM's is the Yuasa YTZ7S, although it is slightly heavier than the standard battery. The YTZ7S comes stock on the Honda CRF450X.

• GCannon

Posted October 07, 2008 - 08:06 AM

Try This:
http://www.ebattonline.com/

It does not charge with the stock charging system.

• Chas_M

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:16 PM

Note that 'JoeT' over at KTMTalk sells Li batteries that are fully compatible with the stock electrical charging system. I installed one of his 5 aH ($130) batteries in my '08 KTM (HTR 350) 250 XCF-W and so far it is working as well as or better than the stock battery, and at 1.6 lbs saves almost 4 lbs of weight.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.