WR450 and Recluse

4 replies to this topic
  • Tucker99

Posted October 06, 2008 - 10:41 AM

Gents,
RE 04 WR450. Put a Recluse in when I bought the bike new. After 4-years of great service and abuse the clutch & basket is fubr. Please recommend a good clutch basket and clutch pack. Also, the steel discs are black, think I should replace them? Thanks guys!

• mikeythefokker

Posted October 06, 2008 - 09:41 PM

I would replace the steels. Rekluse will sell you a set pretty cheap. As far as the basket goes, you can't go wrong with a Hinson. I saw a new Barnett setup that has stainless steel reinforcing the spots where the friction tabs usually notch the basket after time. It looked pretty sweet, and they make all sorts of heavy duty plates that might normally be too much for a stock basket, but would probably be ok in one of their new baskets. On the other hand, you got four plus years out of the stock basket, and a new stock piece will probably be the cheapest option that you have.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Desracer

Posted October 06, 2008 - 09:48 PM

You can get all of the parts you need from Rekluse.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted October 06, 2008 - 11:50 PM

I would replace the steels. Rekluse will sell you a set pretty cheap. As far as the basket goes, you can't go wrong with a Hinson. I saw a new Barnett setup that has stainless steel reinforcing the spots where the friction tabs usually notch the basket after time. It looked pretty sweet, and they make all sorts of heavy duty plates that might normally be too much for a stock basket, but would probably be ok in one of their new baskets. On the other hand, you got four plus years out of the stock basket, and a new stock piece will probably be the cheapest option that you have.

My thoughts exactly. If it held up for 4 years, then don't change a thing. That's better than perfect.

• clark4131

Posted October 07, 2008 - 09:09 PM

Hinson or Barnett basket with OEM plates. You can't go wrong with that setup...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.