WR wont start..help!

2 replies to this topic
  • JDub1242

Posted October 04, 2008 - 01:02 PM

Its an 04 with JD kit, all free mods done, stock pipe uncorked. I have the blue needle in on the 3 clip down with 170 main like the instructions in the JD kit recommended. Bike ran fine a couple months ago when it was last ridden. Tried to start it last night and it wont idle. Changed the gas out, drained the bowl and cleaned the main jet and spark plug. Revs out without missing when started but dies immediately with no throttle. Rpms go up when the de-comp lever is pulled in. I sprayed starting fluid around all boots/gaskets looking for vacuum leaks but found none. Removed air filter and bike rpms did not change.
Ive tried everything I can think of with no luck. I am taking any and all suggestions. Please help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bigdrtrdr

Posted October 05, 2008 - 07:58 AM

Clean the pilot jet, Main jet has nothing to do with how it idols.
Also check the plug color.

• byggd

Posted October 05, 2008 - 10:08 AM

Clean the pilot jet, Main jet has nothing to do with how it idols.
Also check the plug color.

Not completely true but for the most part correct. The main jet can flow some fuel at idle depending on the needle setting but bigdrtrdr is correct in saying that it sounds more like a pilot or what some call the "slow jet" issue. What is the idle screw set at?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.