License Plate Mounting

10 replies to this topic
  • stevs450F

Posted October 04, 2008 - 11:49 AM

I just bought a 2008 WR450F in CA, and would you believe it the DMV sent me a plate for it. Baja Designs makes an insert for the rear fender, but it seems my taillight wouldn't fit. I've checked UFO and Acerbis sites. I'm looking for something that will be steamline and not hang down too low. I dont want to lose the plate. Any Ideas?

• tweav

Posted October 04, 2008 - 12:39 PM

here is my ufo whole rear fender it came with a light and a plate hold for 60 bucks ,just keep your stock one for later . ufo sells black ones like mine ,also blue and white.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• stevs450F

Posted October 04, 2008 - 01:37 PM

Thanks, I'll probably end up using this. Nice bike!

• tweav

Posted October 04, 2008 - 03:14 PM

I've mine on the road for over a year now ant his is the best deal I have found . Note : the only down side to this ufo rear fender is the fact that the tail light does not come with a factory style plug . it comes with bullet plugs , so you can either find a source for a factory plug or just change the bike over to bullets . I change mine over ,but I do know where to get the plug.

• byggd

Posted October 05, 2008 - 04:08 AM

I just bought a 2008 WR450F in CA, and would you believe it the DMV sent me a plate for it

The WR gods must be looking down favorably on you! :lame: What does the registration read, MC or MX? If it’s MX you could get a letter from Sacramento asking for the plate back.

Here is my 02 with a BD rear fender/blinkers/taillight.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Humunn

Posted October 05, 2008 - 05:12 AM

I just bought a 2008 WR450F in CA, and would you believe it the DMV sent me a plate for it. Baja Designs makes an insert for the rear fender, but it seems my taillight wouldn't fit. I've checked UFO and Acerbis sites. I'm looking for something that will be steamline and not hang down too low. I dont want to lose the plate. Any Ideas?

I have an 07 and had the same concerns. Tried a couple different options but ended up with this.

http://www.thumperta...ghlight=license

Greg

• doctorchopper

Posted October 05, 2008 - 08:34 AM

didn't anyone notice the 2 bottles of nos, whats up with that?

• KennyMc

Posted October 05, 2008 - 08:47 AM

I went with the Baja Designs holder.

Posted Image

• byggd

Posted October 05, 2008 - 10:00 AM

I went with the Baja Designs holder.

Posted Image

I really like the LED clear lens look :lame:

• DansDR

Posted October 05, 2008 - 01:33 PM

I like this mount a lot... http://www.4strokeso...lateHolder.html ...bolts right up to stock light mounts, good constuction, and good price.

• tweav

Posted October 06, 2008 - 04:25 AM

didn't anyone notice the 2 bottles of nos, whats up with that?

That just me planing out this winter's upgrades, Need more power . so it's getting a athena big bore kit , a ported yz head with+ 1 mm valves , the set of hot cams and a bottle feeding setup....all the parts are setting here but the big bore kit.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.