Aluminum frame footpeg mod

7 replies to this topic
  • rockieman

Posted October 04, 2008 - 11:21 AM

I tried searching this on both the WR and the YZ site to no avail. Has anyone
done this mod on a later model (aluminum frame) YZ? I have an 07, As near as I can tell this mod requires one of three things. One, a lot of grinding on the peg so it will clear the lower bolt. Two, the Fastway lowboy mounts, that have the lower mount hole countersunk (with bolt). Or three, I do the latter on my own and buy a replacement bolt and countersink the lower mount hole myself. Two is not an option because I have an aftermarket kickstand.
Has anyone tried this?

• MicahAdams

Posted October 04, 2008 - 01:19 PM

You have to cut the barrel off the peg and move it to the top. Then grind the peg and the bolt head a little

• mike_dean

Posted October 04, 2008 - 02:56 PM

I couldn't get the peg mounts off my '06, the torx bolts have very shallow heads and the torx bits don't want to bite them. The Fastway pegs are lower already then the stock mounts by 3/8" even when not in the low position. Mike

• Dr.Crankenstien

Posted October 05, 2008 - 07:23 AM

You have to cut the barrel off the peg and move it to the top. Then grind the peg and the bolt head a little

Correct, or buy the STR footpeg lowering mount kit.:lame:

Good Luck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • swatdoc

Posted October 06, 2008 - 02:29 PM

what exactly is the mod you guys are referring to?

• grayracer513

Posted October 06, 2008 - 02:54 PM

Lowering the foot pegs for tall riders. Just what every Sumo rider wants to do. :bonk: :lame:

• swatdoc

Posted October 07, 2008 - 01:55 AM

Hey that would be cool.......they would scrape in the corners easier and it would look like I'm going faster!!!!!

• grayracer513

Posted October 07, 2008 - 05:01 AM

Hey that would be cool.......they would scrape in the corners easier and it would look like I'm going faster!!!!!

'zackly :lame:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.