04 450 won't do anything but idle!!

44 replies to this topic
  • FLjoyride

Posted October 13, 2008 - 03:25 PM

installed the cdi, wiring harness and coil that mikedabike sent. Should be able to test ride by this weekend.

• desert-rat660

Posted October 23, 2008 - 07:45 PM

what came of it

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FLjoyride

Posted October 24, 2008 - 03:21 PM

well, haven't really had time to ride it, but the idle is really unpredictable.. so I'm going to just remove the neutral safety switch wire. other than that I haven't been able to ride.. getting there, hopefully tomorrow or sunday.

• FLjoyride

Posted October 26, 2008 - 02:50 PM

Rode the bike for about an hour today with mikedabike's CDI, also unplugged the neutral safety switch (starts so easy, even hot was starting 1st kick every time), not sure if its the new pipe (white bro's race series found on *bay for $200 shipped!), the new jetting, or the safety switch. One time I barely even kicked it (finding TDC) and it fired up! never did that with the procom box.. anyway thank you so much mikedabike and will be sending payment for your part you so generously let me borrow! next thing is getting the syspension tuned and maybe some paddle tires for all the sand around here.

• desert-rat660

Posted October 26, 2008 - 04:08 PM

sweet :lol:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.