Factory Effex Graphics

7 replies to this topic
  • neevothespaniel

Posted October 02, 2008 - 03:24 AM

Finally received my Factory Effex graphics in the mail from TT this morning. Decided that I would pop a few on the bike after I got home fromm work which turned into a few hours fitting everything.

First up I have to say that the graphics are very impressive quality wise. Very think vinyl on 3M adhesive which is far stronger than the last grahics kit I installed (FLU Designs).

It needed a little trimming as some of the parts were for the YZ, this included a small strip off the rear fender and the speedo fork guard. Other than that they went on a treat and the glue is rock solid :lame:

I am eager to see how they put up with the abuse the last lot went through. I will keep you posted.

Pics when the sun comes back up :bonk:

• neevothespaniel

Posted October 02, 2008 - 11:01 PM

Here she is:

Before

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

After

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• Burf72

Posted October 03, 2008 - 12:59 AM

Graphics look sweet there man, have just ordered some FLU graphics for my 06 WR450, hope im not dissapointed with them, wanted to get some FX ones but wasnt to many options to choose from here in Australia.

• tweav

Posted October 03, 2008 - 01:31 AM

I'm glad to see you had better luck then me with their graphics .Mine never stuck to the rad strouds . They would just peel up as soon as I could put them down .I ended up throwing them away .All I know is I'll never buy from them again . I had graphix from FMF , One Industies and Sikspak in the last year and they all layed down nice. Your bike looks great . I guess I just got a bad set. Did you armorall your tires?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • neevothespaniel

Posted October 05, 2008 - 01:27 PM

Graphics look sweet there man, have just ordered some FLU graphics for my 06 WR450, hope im not dissapointed with them, wanted to get some FX ones but wasnt to many options to choose from here in Australia.

The Flu Designs were great graphics but I had a little trouble getting them to stick on the high bend areas, such as the edges of the shrouds. I would recommend getting the plastics and graphics nice and warm before uptting them on. I did this new set in the baking Aussie sun and it worked a charm, that might have been the issue with the Flu Designs, either way a little superglue on the lifting parts seemed to do the trick.

Here's the old lot:

Posted Image

I'm glad to see you had better luck then me with their graphics .Mine never stuck to the rad strouds . They would just peel up as soon as I could put them down .I ended up throwing them away.

Maybe you had a bad batch, mine were on really thick 3M vinyl that I am VERY impressed with. One thing I did differently with this lot was the heat I installed them in, good old Australian sun. This made the plastics really warm and the graphics very pliable, I think that was the reason it went on so well.

Did you armorall your tires?

You betcha!! Makes getting it up the ramp onto the trailer interesting but I don't care as it looks pretty.

• Burf72

Posted October 08, 2008 - 03:01 AM

Nice looking pics, starting putting the flu graphics on tonight and are fitting up not to bad, had the fire cranking in the shed so the plastics where nice and warm also pinched the wifes hair dryer to help things along a bit, will post some pics once there all on..Im lucky the graphics where a little late with the delivery because went riding on the weekend and crunched the LH radiator and also wrecked the LH radiator shroud, was very pissed that have to now buy a new radiator and shroud, just glad i didnt have the new graphics on.

• Burf72

Posted October 08, 2008 - 03:04 AM

PS anyone know of any cheaper radiators for 2006 wr450, OEM are around 480 and PWR are around 380.

• neevothespaniel

Posted October 08, 2008 - 03:49 AM

PS anyone know of any cheaper radiators for 2006 wr450, OEM are around 480 and PWR are around 380.

Yep. Send it away to a radiator repair guy. If your in Sydney there is one in Lidcombe, does miracles on crushed radiators. $60-$100 to get it looking new.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.