no 450 ride reports yet?

8 replies to this topic
  • TonyRomero

Posted January 07, 2003 - 08:30 AM

I know some of these bikes have been delivered because a dealer in the midwest has them in stock. I'd really like to hear ( as would we all I"m sure) about the new 450 and how it performs. Anyone...?

• SMD

Posted January 07, 2003 - 09:35 AM

Any proof this dealer has "in stock"??
IMO this bike is not on shore yet..but soon. :)

• Jim_Patterson

Posted January 07, 2003 - 10:54 AM

Dealers are DUMB, for the most part. Since the US entry port is California, thats where bikes should be first. They are transported West to East, then East to Midwest I am told. Salesmen have said they are in and it's a 02WR not an 03. I called a dealer last night in California, and they don't have any computer codes showing up that a 03wr will be sent to them in the next 2 to 2 1/2 weeks. If thats the case I feel there aren't any 03WR's ready for delivery in the Midwest. I have called all the large dealers in SouthEast Michigan and they are not available here yet. I hope your right on that but I don't think its the case.

• WR250fla

Posted January 07, 2003 - 11:26 AM

There is a ride report from Japan in Cycle World, but I wouldn't but the mag for it. Its only 2 pages and the only thing it said that you can't read on the Yamaha WR 450 web page was the Japanese test rider thought the ride was stiff.
WR 450 in the midwest? Where?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jschner

Posted January 07, 2003 - 12:15 PM

In the mean time, if your looking for something in between I have over 60 440 reviews. :)

• TonyRomero

Posted January 08, 2003 - 08:15 AM

go to traderonline.com, the dealer is Honda East in OH.

• David_Gronlund

Posted January 08, 2003 - 09:43 AM

They may have gotten their hands on some of the test bikes.

• WR250fla

Posted January 08, 2003 - 11:29 AM

Honda east says that the new WRs have not been released yet. They told me they have a waiting list until March or April.

• 450yjoffroad94

Posted January 08, 2003 - 11:36 AM

Dito called them too I hope for one at the end of the month..

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.