WR Release Dates

7 replies to this topic
  • ridemore

Posted June 18, 2002 - 07:02 PM

Does anyone have any reliable release dates in Colorado for both the YZ and the WR 450. My local dealer has one yz in July(more in August) and says no WR's are being released until Nov/Dec.

Let me know what you've heard.

• xr600r

Posted June 20, 2002 - 12:32 PM

my local dealer says wr's in august.
i am thinking more toward december though.
when the first wr 400's came out, my buddies didnt come in until may of 98'.

• Thumper_36

Posted June 20, 2002 - 03:44 PM

I don't understand why Yamaha would release the info. on these bikes if they are still 6 months out on production? Kind of stupid. It seems to me that they will have to discount their 2002 426's pretty good since we know the 450 is coming. If thats the case, why continue to manufacture 426's for the last months of 2002 knowing you could get retail on every 450? They would be losing money on any 426 they produce from here on out due to discounts. I hope the 450's are coming much sooner than December.... if not, then Yamaha's marketing dept. is not to bright in my book.

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted June 20, 2002 - 04:24 PM

Originally posted by Thumper 36:
...I hope the 450's are coming much sooner than December.... if not, then Yamaha's marketing dept. is not to bright in my book.

Good point!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ddialogue

Posted June 20, 2002 - 05:54 PM

Ridemore,

Not sure about Colorado but I've gotten conflicting reports both in Idaho and the dealers I called in Utah. Where I ordered my new WR450 they told me August. I called the other dealer here in Boise and they said December. I called three dealers in Utah; one said August and two said November/December. Vesco's in Brigham City, Utah had some Yamaha sales info and the ship dates from Yamaha said YZF's in August and WR's in November. I'm hoping August but realistically it will probably be November...just in time for winter. :)

• robswr426

Posted June 21, 2002 - 05:29 AM

yzf in aug. wr's in dec

• lewichris

Posted June 21, 2002 - 06:20 AM

i would not mind a 2002 wr 426
then just put all mt stuff i have on mine on that one. sweet.

Chris

• RIDEPATE

Posted June 21, 2002 - 07:29 AM

I'm with ya LEWI, i'm gonna wait till the 450's get here and get me a deal on a 02 426, theres a dealer here with four of them 3-yz's and 1-wr. And then i'm gonna streetize the old 400 and ride it to work, it needs the retirement.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.