07+ Front Disk Guard

12 replies to this topic
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 29, 2008 - 06:34 PM

Who has one (pics?)....any one running this one http://store.cycrara...com/fadico.html

• WR_Dave

Posted September 29, 2008 - 07:31 PM

Been using it for 2 years with no problems. WR Dave

Posted Image

Posted Image

• tribalbc

Posted September 29, 2008 - 07:42 PM

If you want full protection

Posted Image

Been running this Flatland all season and it is definately some quality protection. Only downfalls is a little bit costly and a bit of weight.

• SXP

Posted September 29, 2008 - 08:16 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• neevothespaniel

Posted September 29, 2008 - 10:04 PM

Been using it for 2 years with no problems. WR Dave

Posted Image

Posted Image

2 years :bonk: How the hell do you keep it and your fork guards so clean :lame:

• WR_Dave

Posted September 30, 2008 - 03:21 AM

I could say that I a: never ride the bike(wrong), b: ride like a total turd(wrong again), c: wash the bike after every ride with simple green and a soft bristle brush and then give the bike a quick once over with mop and glo or d: those pics are from last year when the bike was new and while it still looks good it's not as good as those pics anymore because I have a few thousand kilometers of mountain riding on the bike now. C is what I always do ,but for your answer, D is correct. A more recent pic :lame: WR Dave

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 30, 2008 - 06:01 AM

you guys rock! thanks for the pictures...:lame:

• wartsnuff

Posted September 30, 2008 - 08:28 AM

If you want full protection

Posted Image

Been running this Flatland all season and it is definately some quality protection. Only downfalls is a little bit costly and a bit of weight.

that would work to protect the disk but not your fingers.

i bought one, because i had a buddy helping life my motorbike into my truck..

stuck his pinky finger under the caliper and into the disk.. snip snip off it came... ouchies....

so i put on a Aeribs protector to stop other peeps putting there fingers in my front disc!!!

cheers
Warts

• tribalbc

Posted September 30, 2008 - 08:55 AM

that would work to protect the disk but not your fingers.

i bought one, because i had a buddy helping life my motorbike into my truck..

stuck his pinky finger under the caliper and into the disk.. snip snip off it came... ouchies....

so i put on a Aeribs protector to stop other peeps putting there fingers in my front disc!!!

cheers
Warts

That's a bummer :lame:

Myself though I'm not really worried about someone putting their finger in there.....

Problem with plastic disc guards is no real protection from big disc bending rocks and not enough airflow for cooling brakes. With the big descents we have here in BC boiling brakes IS an issue.

• trailhead2004

Posted October 01, 2008 - 07:14 AM

[quote name='SXP']Posted Image

How do you like the Acerbis? I've been thinking about getting one but I'm a little leery of the metal spider concept. Did it install ok? I know there is a crash out there that can bend or break anything, but do you think it could get easily bent?

Anyone else runnung the Acerbis? :lame:

trailhead2004

• SXP

Posted October 01, 2008 - 07:50 AM

[quote name='trailhead2004'][quote name='SXP']Posted Image

How do you like the Acerbis? I've been thinking about getting one but I'm a little leery of the metal spider concept. Did it install ok? I know there is a crash out there that can bend or break anything, but do you think it could get easily bent?

Anyone else runnung the Acerbis? :lame:

trailhead2004[/QUOTE]

Mounting was a snap. The metal carrier (spider ?) replaces the left wheel spacer, and the plastic guard then bolts on to the spider. Haven't had an issue with it yet. I'm sure if you crash just right, you could bend the carrier into the brake disc, in which case you would want to make sure you carry the OEM spacer so you can replace it trail-side and continue on with your ride.

• wartsnuff

Posted October 01, 2008 - 08:30 AM

i have had no problem with it.

but i am a flatlander.... so boiling brakes is sorta non-issue...

cheers
Warts

• trailhead2004

Posted October 01, 2008 - 01:03 PM

Mounting was a snap. The metal carrier (spider ?) replaces the left wheel spacer, and the plastic guard then bolts on to the spider. Haven't had an issue with it yet. I'm sure if you crash just right, you could bend the carrier into the brake disc, in which case you would want to make sure you carry the OEM spacer so you can replace it trail-side and continue on with your ride.

Thanks for the feedback!! :lame: :bonk:

trailhead2004

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.