Have tire, will turn!

8 replies to this topic
  • WRipper

Posted January 06, 2003 - 04:13 PM

I have had the stock front tire on my bike since new, not knowing that a "real tire" would make such a difference.
I installed an M12 Crosscompetition and all of my cornering fears are gone.
What tires have you guys had luck with?

• blue_beast_wins

Posted January 06, 2003 - 05:17 PM

I like the s12 front and m12 rear.

• Dan_from_HB

Posted January 06, 2003 - 06:11 PM

Front: D756, awesome in the desert and mixed riding in sand, rocks, and a little hardpack.
Rear: currently also a D756, works great except on dirt roads, where it wants to hang the rear end out farther than any other tire I have used. But it does reach a limit where it locks up and grips quite well. Just don't chop the throttle!
Both seem to work well in light muddy conditions.

• fog527

Posted January 06, 2003 - 08:33 PM

I really like the mh-2 front and swap between ms-mh 2 rear.
:) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cookeye

Posted January 07, 2003 - 01:45 PM

Had lots of dirt bikes found mich s12 great all year round all surfaces front 90/ 90/21/s12 rear 140 80 18 s12 mich tyre size read differant to others not as big as you reed

have fun

• Burnrider

Posted January 08, 2003 - 10:58 AM

Non winter use - M12 front / IRC VE33 rear
Winter use - Studs

• blue_beast_wins

Posted January 08, 2003 - 11:24 AM

Cookeye, my brother has one of those monster s12's on the back of his 426, doesn't appear to be to flash on the dirt roads compared to the m12, i found it a little skatie :)

• Math

Posted January 09, 2003 - 10:21 AM

Front 739 really is a DANGEROUS tire, whoever still have it up front should remove it now, I mean NOW!!! :)

Math :D

• cookeye

Posted January 09, 2003 - 12:34 PM

I am in uk our wether is crap all year our dirt roads just dont happen
frost and snow on patio NOW

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.