yz tank mileage

6 replies to this topic
  • kris_mobley

Posted June 18, 2002 - 10:12 AM

new owner of '00 WR400. bike has yz tank and seat. anybody know what kind of mileage with yz tank?

• SMD

Posted June 18, 2002 - 07:26 PM

Where and what kind of riding are you doing? Are you Ty Davis or just a trailrider? The key is smooth throttle control. Unless your on the gas at high speed it safe to say you can get at least 30 to 35 mpg. :)

• kris_mobley

Posted June 19, 2002 - 03:50 AM

I will be trail riding primarily. However, the bike is street legal, and I will be on tne road. 45m.p.h. stuff. Thanks for the reply.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kris_mobley

Posted June 19, 2002 - 03:53 AM

How wide open is the riding in NM? I have been to Taos skiing about six times, and started migrating up to Wolf Creek and Purgatory, always flying into Albequrque. Beautiful country.

• Traves_Cone

Posted June 19, 2002 - 06:38 AM

I had gotten almost 40 mpg with a YZ tank, riding enduro's

• Superbike

Posted June 19, 2002 - 08:25 AM

On my YZ I get 45 miles comfortably, riding hard in tighter michigan trails. The tank is 1.9 gal? I just ordered an IMS 3.2, wich my riding buddy has on his WR. It is about the same size as the WR stock tank. He says 120 miles. I am hoping to get 90 out of her with the big tank. Mine does have a 97mm piston and I generally ride pretty hard. I did come into some gas stops at enduro's on fumes though. Just riding the roads you should be able to go 100 miles easy. This is just a some what uneducated guess!

• SMD

Posted June 19, 2002 - 10:18 AM

Kris......we have just about every kind of terrain you want here. Lots of wide open too.
But right now BLM land is the only thing open due to dry conditions :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.