How to - WR to YZ cam timing

3 replies to this topic
  • Zoomy

Posted January 06, 2003 - 09:45 AM

Greetings gents, finally got off a CR500 and bought a WR426. What was I waiting for? Quick question, I heard of a cam timing change you can make to the WR426 to bring it to YZ specs. Anyone have a websit or info I can go to? This bike is completely stock, even has the exhaust insert. Also, just moved from San Diego to Maryland, looking for riding areas.......
Thanks!

• MOmilkman

Posted January 06, 2003 - 09:54 AM

Heres a site that shows you how to do it on a 99WR. Im sure it cant be much (if any) different.
http://www.off-road....ke/jun99/hobbs/
scroll down a bit...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Zoomy

Posted January 06, 2003 - 10:01 AM

Thanks Darin, I am on it! Looks like a pretty simple mod.

• tctrailrider

Posted January 06, 2003 - 11:39 AM

Zoomy, Most of the free mods for the WR are right here on TT. First page that pops up when you go to TT, click on Motoman, and check the Tech articles. They have instructions and photo's. Good luck

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.