'99 wr400 to '07/'08 wr450

No replies to this topic
  • pdrides

Posted September 28, 2008 - 06:51 AM

Well I've tinkerd with my '99 wr400 for about the last 3 yrs (as long as I've had it) and feel like I've got as much power out of her without dropping alot of cash. It runs great, but I've recently riddin a 2006 crf450x and realized just how far the technology has come. Rather than dropping alot of cash into an outdated bike I'm ready to upgrade. It was a big learning curve working on the thumper after growing up on the 2 bangers and I guess one of my concerns is how much different is working on the newer 4 strokes? Are the newer FCR carbs drastically different and is it very difficult to get to them with the new alum. frames? How trust worthy have the e-starts proven to be? With regular maintainence the 400 has been pretty bullet proof. Can the same be said for the newer generations? What other mechanical issue will I have to watch out for? I appreciate your input. :lame:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.