Anyone replace their seat on an 06 YZ450?

4 replies to this topic
  • 78sharpshooter

Posted September 27, 2008 - 11:24 PM

The seat on my all stock 06 450 is not confortable and browsing the thumpertalk store for seat cover and foam did not provide much info. Can anyone recommend a good seat for MX riding?

• The Italian Stallion

Posted September 28, 2008 - 12:23 PM

The seat on my all stock 06 450 is not confortable and browsing the thumpertalk store for seat cover and foam did not provide much info. Can anyone recommend a good seat for MX riding?

Unless you could be a stand=in for tattoo on fantisy island get the tall seat for your bike,It makes it handle much better.I havethe SDG on mine it comes all ready to go.Some peaple have had some fitting issues with SDG but mine was fine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DMC707

Posted September 28, 2008 - 03:39 PM

I used an SDG step seat on mine --- i did have some fitment issues -- (i had to elongate the bolt holes and i have to slam it down anytime i remove and replace it)

It rides great and does what a step seat should -- keeps my booty in place , which improves my control in the turns

I am not tall (5'9"), and this seat works great for me for MX

If i was taller, my opinion might be different, but the seat , for me, was one of the better bolt ons i added to the bike

• 78sharpshooter

Posted September 29, 2008 - 08:30 AM

Thanks for the input guys...exactly what I was looking for. Just ordered the SDG step seat from the thumpertalk store for under $100.

I used an SDG step seat on mine --- i did have some fitment issues -- (i had to elongate the bolt holes and i have to slam it down anytime i remove and replace it)

It rides great and does what a step seat should -- keeps my booty in place , which improves my control in the turns

I am not tall (5'9"), and this seat works great for me for MX

If i was taller, my opinion might be different, but the seat , for me, was one of the better bolt ons i added to the bike

Unless you could be a stand=in for tattoo on fantisy island get the tall seat for your bike,It makes it handle much better.I havethe SDG on mine it comes all ready to go.Some peaple have had some fitting issues with SDG but mine was fine.

• Justin89

Posted September 29, 2008 - 01:39 PM

I too bought an sdg step seat at first but wow did I hate it. It was so freaking rock hard and barely lined up. It had some series fitment issues. I went back to the stock seat and it felt like I was riding on a temper-pedic mattress :bonk: :lame:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.