26 replies to this topic
  • Wiz636

Posted September 11, 2009 - 12:11 PM

why not run a 8" hid light that runs off of battery? cost 600-700
trailtech sells them and cyclops motorsports sell them

Won't last long enough for running all night like in Baja

• mcnaughb

Posted September 11, 2009 - 01:05 PM

I'm not even looking at it for Baja really...

I could certainly run my light off of batteries, I have an X2/Orion HID, but there is just something comforting about riding out in the dark and knowing that your bike light isn't going to run out of batteries.

Looks like the right hand crank and rod is the same on both the WR and YZ, so an aftermarket hot rod crank/rod kit would work just fine without having to press on a new end and true it.

• gobig-or-gohome

Posted January 01, 2014 - 11:32 AM

What's the difference in the cranks? It looks like there the same.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 01, 2014 - 12:12 PM

The left side crank axle is longer and the taper that holds the stator is larger, this to accommodate the starter drive and carry the weight of the larger rotor.

• 700rScott

Posted September 11, 2014 - 09:09 AM

Did you ever get pics of what you did or do you have any pics of the set up now? I'm looking forward to do this since there's no other good way of keeping the battery charged. Thanks

• Cbr_Yzf_Gsxr_kid46

Posted January 21, 2016 - 05:58 AM

Hey gary i was wondering what year of wr did u use, and is the ignition mandatory or can i just run without on??

• grayracer513

Posted January 21, 2016 - 07:54 AM

Read post #17

This information applies to '06-'09 YZ450 models only

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.