Beware!

5 replies to this topic
  • blue_beast_wins

Posted January 05, 2003 - 05:08 PM

Gear box

Thought i may let you guys now for future reference that if third pinion gear has broken and takes out shift fork #2 you may have to fit a sleeve to your case or cases were the shift fork slides, the ID can be damaged so that shift fork #2 will tilt and fail to slide 3rd pinion gear eather way, you can't select 4th and 5th gears, i used a 12x10mm brass sleeve in the right hand half.

• adamwagar

Posted January 05, 2003 - 05:39 PM

Thanks for the info. Hope I never need it. Hope you never need it again.

• blue_beast_wins

Posted January 05, 2003 - 06:01 PM

So do i :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ_Abuser

Posted January 06, 2003 - 02:12 PM

And how did you figure that out?

• blue_beast_wins

Posted January 06, 2003 - 03:10 PM

Took a couple of hours and several Wild Tukeys after i'd bolted the cases together, striped it, bolted it, striped it, measure this measure that, enjoy the benifits :)

• dirtdynamics

Posted January 06, 2003 - 09:45 PM

:)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.