Torn my ACL,going to be out for a while?

Hi Guys,

I stuck my leg out when the front washed out on Saturday and tore my ACL,I am going to be out for at least 7 to 8 months.What should I do to the bike if it's going to stand for this length of time,there is no way I am selling it,only got 25 hours on and it's an 08 KX450.Can't express how pissed off I am,will definatley take this time to get a lot fitter and stronger.

Hi Guys,

I stuck my leg out when the front washed out on Saturday and tore my ACL,I am going to be out for at least 7 to 8 months.What should I do to the bike if it's going to stand for this length of time,there is no way I am selling it,only got 25 hours on and it's an 08 KX450.Can't express how pissed off I am,will definatley take this time to get a lot fitter and stronger.

Sorry to hear that, while you are out, get some good knee braces like the CTI2 or Asterisks to help avoid another future injury.

Good luck

Genzito, you've got a lot of time after your operation. 25hrs eh. You might as well check the valves, and re-grease the rear suspension. Maybe check your oil screen, and if you get bored then clean your inner tubes, or since you wont be able to remove a tire, better still - take off your front sprocket. :lame:

I've got relatively good knees, but put a minor tear in my right once on my KX450F and I blame it on two things: The stock D742F front tire :bonk: , and no braces on at the time. :eek:

More recently I've had some big inside foot flicks and with the PodMX braces I've never hurt my knee. Sometimes my hips get stung, but knees survive ok - thus far. I've not worn CTI2s (had CTI Edges in the 90s and they were ok), but I suppose my Pods are working. They feel supportive and quick to put on and take off.

I used to wonder how people hurt ankles inside decent boots, and then a couple of rides back, my inside foot got wacked back on something hard under the loam during a slow left turn, and before I knew it, my boot swung aft and my heel hit the nobbies on rotating fwd on the top of the rear tire. It kind of jack hammered my foot because the nobs hooked up nicely with my boot sole. It was a big hit which felt ugly, and I slowed down thinking this has to be bad. Not feeling any serious pain I kept riding, but as soon as I cooled down I started wishing I was 20 y.o again, and 2 weeks later I still have ankle problems and I better get it looked at. I know, nuthin compared with a major tear. I just thought my feet were pretty safe inside my SG10s.?

doc sanders has some interested in opinions on knee braces in the medical forum. he also does acl reconstruction and you will be back on the bike in 3-4 months.

my wife had a ton of work done on her knee, a trip to texas and three screws later, shes back on the bike in 8-10 weeks.

send him a pm. hes a really cool guy.

Thanks for all the feedback guys,I like KX250F 19's comment about not selling the best,I will take this time to really get the bike lubed and greased right,will also save some money to buy those braces.Will look into the CTI's.A trip to Texas is not an option as the flight alone would cost me 4000$ from South Africa.thanks again.

I like KX250F 19's comment about not selling the beast
Hey that was your idea. I agree with you too. Unless you're trying to win your nationals or some GP or whatever, then these bikes don't date as quickly as the manufacturers or magazine journalists would like us to think. :bonk:

On the otherhand, Seb Pourcel appeared to be rippin on his 09 KX450F at MXoN. :lame:

btw: Let me know how you go with they front sprocket nut. Maybe Kawi sacked the guy who did them up on the 06 and 07 models. Hopefully they did. In the factory, I guess he held a really big rattle gun on my sprocket nut for at least a minute.?