Braking oversized front wave rotor not fitting..Problem Solved

7 replies to this topic
  • Justin89

Posted September 25, 2008 - 09:09 PM

Hey guys, like I have posted before I have a braking oversized front wave rotor that came off of a 2001 yz250f. The rotor bolted up perfectly... I also put on the Braking billet aluminum caliper bracket from the bike as well. Now the damn thing wont spin:mad: It's like the rotor is still to large...any ideas on what I should do. Everything went together like peas and carrots until I went to spin the wheel all after I was done...:lol: Please help!!!

*Well I found out the problem...the brake spacer thing that holds the brake pads was in backwards. So it was hitting the backside of where the grove should be. Total idiot move on my part sorry to waiste everyone's time:bonk: :excuseme: :banana: :excuseme:

• Thrasherg

Posted September 26, 2008 - 04:28 AM

So to ask the obvious, if you undo the two bolts mounting the caliper to your spacer and remove the caliper, does the wheel turn freely? Just trying to understand if it is the caliper causing the problem, or the wheel not correctly fitted. Any chance you can post a picture so we can see what you have?

• killerdwarf77

Posted September 26, 2008 - 04:43 AM

The Braking kit is a quality built product. Loosen the axle lock bolts, then crack the axle nut loose. Does the wheel spin freely? It's possible that you pulled your forks together as you tightened them, and are binding the brakes. i watched a mechanic do that on my streetbike! Luckily someone else checked his work!

• grayracer513

Posted September 26, 2008 - 05:36 AM

Sounds like you need a bracket for the '06.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Justin89

Posted September 26, 2008 - 06:35 AM

It's not like a binding, its like when I spin the wheel the "pointier" part of the wave rotor is hitting against something when it goes through the brake pads. MAybe like Gray said, I need the adaptor off of an 06'. And this is with everyhing loosened up...

• Ga450owner

Posted September 26, 2008 - 07:47 AM

Sounds like you need a bracket for the '06.

yep I agree:thumbsup:

• Justin89

Posted September 26, 2008 - 10:16 AM

Anybody know where you can buy just the bracket for an 06'?

• Ga450owner

Posted September 26, 2008 - 10:39 AM

Anybody know where you can buy just the bracket for an 06'?

sales@brakingusa.com

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.