'05 WR450F Starter Button Smashed

4 replies to this topic
  • Sierra_WR450F

Posted September 25, 2008 - 03:27 PM

I smashed up my starter button housing and can't figure out what exact part it is by looking at the microfiche. Is it 5TJ-83976-11-00? The kill switch housnig and starter housing look the same, and the angle the microfiche sits doesn't let me tell if it's on the right or left of the handlebar.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :excuseme:

• KennyMc

Posted September 25, 2008 - 04:13 PM

I smashed up my starter button housing and can't figure out what exact part it is by looking at the microfiche. Is it 5TJ-83976-11-00? The kill switch housnig and starter housing look the same, and the angle the microfiche sits doesn't let me tell if it's on the right or left of the handlebar.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :excuseme:

Yeah, you got it right. I had to replace mine a couple of months ago.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted September 25, 2008 - 06:06 PM

The buttons are the same with the exception of the color... I just simply swapped mine, using the kill switch as the start button(the connections are the same).

Then I just went and got an older style Yamaha 2 wire switch ($6), connected it using the plug off of the smashed start button. Did not have to wait for parts to be ordered and assume I saved some money.

What's an OEM start button cost?

• KennyMc

Posted September 25, 2008 - 06:24 PM

The buttons are the same with the exception of the color... I just simply swapped mine, using the kill switch as the start button(the connections are the same).

Then I just went and got an older style Yamaha 2 wire switch ($6), connected it using the plug off of the smashed start button. Did not have to wait for parts to be ordered and assume I saved some money.

What's an OEM start button cost?

It was $25

• Sierra_WR450F

Posted September 26, 2008 - 07:38 AM

Thanks a lot guys.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.