Handlebar set up

5 replies to this topic
  • rockymtnrider

Posted September 25, 2008 - 09:51 AM

I recently bought an '01 WR426f. I love this thing. I used to ride a YZ426f and really liked the raised handlebars. I want to rasie the bars on the WR now but it came with a Scotts steering stabilizer that mounts above the bar clamp. A new triple clamp with lower stabilizer mount would solve this but that is 200+ bucks. Has anyone experienced this? I figure I would get new bars that have a high rise so I'm looking for suggestions. I really like the higher motocross hand/arm position. :excuseme:

• maxtherat

Posted September 25, 2008 - 07:18 PM

I have always used Renthal Windams or RC bends. I like Rc's the best though. Kawasaki MX is the same bend also.

• tweav

Posted September 25, 2008 - 07:38 PM

I've got a sub mount damper mount on mine . I think they are only like 90 bucks from scott's

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted September 25, 2008 - 09:23 PM

$90 is cheap... I think the submount kit for my 07' (BRP / Scotts) for just the mount kit is $200 but the 426 may be cheaper due to the post being different..

Check out BRP

Or check into a pro taper Pastrana freestyle / hi woods bend

• tweav

Posted September 26, 2008 - 02:59 AM

$90 is cheap... I think the submount kit for my 07' (BRP / Scotts) for just the mount kit is $200 but the 426 may be cheaper due to the post being different..

Check out BRP

Or check into a pro taper Pastrana freestyle / hi woods bend

I was just thinking the riser mount only with no frame mount . there is a chance he could make his frame mount with his pin work with the sub mount bar clamps.

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 26, 2008 - 08:36 AM

I was just thinking the riser mount only with no frame mount . there is a chance he could make his frame mount with his pin work with the sub mount bar clamps.

Yeah, perhaps just cut the post to length, rotate the arm on the damper 180 deg and get the risers only :lame:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.