ok i screwed up bad i think

4 replies to this topic
  • 450wr-rider

Posted September 24, 2008 - 10:01 PM

Well i was on ebay and found a set of tag triple clamps i really liked them paid alot for them.:excuseme: My mistake im not the most smartest of bike people but the clamps are a hair to big for my 04 wr450 :excuseme: .so my questions is this am i screwed out of hundreds or are the shims or something i can use.
thanks for the help :lol:

• Birdy426

Posted September 24, 2008 - 10:24 PM

Are you sure they are too big? How much? If they really are too big, relist them and recover as much of your bank as you can, don't try to shim, that's asking for trouble...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Asgeir

Posted September 25, 2008 - 04:09 AM

They can fit WR450F 05 and up

04 has smaller diameter forks

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted September 26, 2008 - 11:09 PM

Keep the clamps and buy some bigger forks. The 05 has 48mm forks while the 04 and prior had 46mm forks.

Wait... don't do that. Sell the clamps and try to recoup your money.

• doctorchopper

Posted September 27, 2008 - 12:42 AM

I did the exact same thing but the opposite, i have a 05 wr and the clamps are too small, they are not tag but are renthal clamps with oversize bar mounts, they are used but in very good condition maybe we could do a trade?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.