new magic button for the old WR's????

6 replies to this topic
  • racemile

Posted June 17, 2002 - 04:27 PM

So, does anyone think there will be a reasonably priced "magic button kit" out for the old WR's, now that they are being produced on the 450?

Race

• Cabo-Cowboy

Posted June 17, 2002 - 04:59 PM

Highly doubtful.
Sorry.

• Jeff_Corsaro

Posted June 17, 2002 - 09:21 PM

I think there is a company making a kit in France, it was very expensive.
It looks like the starter setup on the WR450 is piggy-backed off the magneto cover. Posibily you could buy the flywheel, starter, and mag-cover from the WR450 when it comes out. I am sure it will be $ to convert if it can even be done, most likely not worth it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted June 18, 2002 - 04:20 AM

The French Model is big and bulky and makes the left side cover hang way out there. It would be okay for dual sporters but not for primarilly MXing or woods racing.

IMHO

Bonzai :)

• hsstar

Posted June 18, 2002 - 10:43 AM

My 98 was clearly designed for the placement of the starter motor. I understand 99 & up castings are machined back off. Does anybody have an uncle at yamaha that may know what parts off another yamaha model that would fit?

I will still be getting a 450, however, the curiosity is killing me.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 18, 2002 - 05:34 PM

Ya the french one was for Stefane Petersal or how ever you spell his name. It was ugly looking if anyone wants a link to the pics im sure i could find it again.

• omnivortex

Posted June 19, 2002 - 02:48 PM

Mission Yamaha in Laguna Niguel told me that they will be able to retro fit the e start on the older WR's relatively easy.

they also have canadian bikes...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.