2001 yz250f parts bike- 2006 yz450f "What fits what?"

8 replies to this topic
  • Justin89

Posted September 24, 2008 - 09:40 AM

Hey guys, I know I've been posting a lot on here but I have a couple more questions :excuseme: I just recently bought a 2001 yz250f for $400. It has a lot of aftermarket stuff on it that I want to part out. I have the whole engine but a lower crank bearing went out. Below is a list of parts that are on the bike so can you guys please tell me if any of this will fit my 2006 yz450f? I know the main parts that will/will not work but any ideas will help. Thanks a lot for the replies in advance!:lol: :banana: :excuseme:

2001 yz250f parts:
-Black Excel Wheels (I think the whole wheel assembly will fit my bike)
-Gold Talon hubs
-Brembo Wave rotors (i think)
-Applied upper/lower tripple clamps
-FMF ignition with switch on handle bar (will this fit my 06'?)
-Big Gun exhaust/header
-Renthal Bars
-909 levers
-New cylinder
-New 12:1 piston
-Pro Circuit axle blocks
-Pro Circuit foot pegs (wide)
-Entire engine (cams, valves, clutch, etc)

*So should I try and swap some of this or just part it out or rebuild it as a play bike to my 450?

• Two-Six

Posted September 24, 2008 - 10:34 AM

Hey guys, I know I've been posting a lot on here but I have a couple more questions :excuseme: I just recently bought a 2001 yz250f for $400. It has a lot of aftermarket stuff on it that I want to part out. I have the whole engine but a lower crank bearing went out. Below is a list of parts that are on the bike so can you guys please tell me if any of this will fit my 2006 yz450f? I know the main parts that will/will not work but any ideas will help. Thanks a lot for the replies in advance!:lol: :banana: :excuseme:

2001 yz250f parts:
-Black Excel Wheels (I think the whole wheel assembly will fit my bike)
-Gold Talon hubs
-Brembo Wave rotors (i think)
-Applied upper/lower tripple clamps
-FMF ignition with switch on handle bar (will this fit my 06'?)
-Big Gun exhaust/header
-Renthal Bars
-909 levers
-New cylinder
-New 12:1 piston
-Pro Circuit axle blocks
-Pro Circuit foot pegs (wide)
-Entire engine (cams, valves, clutch, etc)

*So should I try and swap some of this or just part it out or rebuild it as a play bike to my 450?

The wheels will fit, the only problem is the 250F rear rim is smaller than than the 450, I am sure you could lace a 450 rim on the 250F rear wheel.

The foot pegs will work and the axle blocks should work.

• _JoNeS_

Posted September 24, 2008 - 10:36 AM

I don't think the rear wheel will be wide enough for your 450, they tend to be thinner on 125's and 250f's, the bars and levers should fit, and I would of thought the pegs and axle blocks would. But I thought you had loads of trick parts more superior to these listed on your bike anyway, i.e. twinalls, ASV's etc.

(two six beat me too it)

• KJ790

Posted September 24, 2008 - 10:45 AM

Front wheel will fit, rear wheel will need new spacers (if talon hubs use stock spacers then you can use the ones off of your 450). As mentioned, the rim on a 250F is 1.85 in wide instead of 2.15. It isn't a big deal, I have used a 250F rear wheel as a practice wheel in the past. The rotors should fit, as will the levers, bars, and foot pegs. Other than that there isn't a whole lot that swaps over. I believe the axle blocks changed when the swingarm changed in 02, but I could be wrong.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 24, 2008 - 11:53 AM

The wheels will fit if you use the right spacers:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=632582

...however, as the man said, the rear rim is a 1.85 width, instead of the correct 2.15.

The footpegs will fit.

The axle blocks will NOT fit (too wide for the '06 slot)

Bars and levers will, provided the bars are 1 1/8"

The rotors may, it they are the original diameter, and not oversized.

None of the rest of the stuff fits.

• Justin89

Posted September 24, 2008 - 01:07 PM

Okay thanks for the replies guys:worthy: And yes, I have almost all of these parts on my bikes already I just wanted to salvage what I could for my bike but it looks like I will be selling most of it. I was hoping the fmf ignition would work but I knew it wouldn't. Anyways, thanks for the replies on all this stuff:ride:

• Justin89

Posted September 24, 2008 - 02:09 PM

The rotors are Braking not Brembo...and it also has a whole shot device. That wouldn't fit a 450f fork would it?

• grayracer513

Posted September 24, 2008 - 03:07 PM

...and it also has a whole shot device. That would fit a 450f fork would it?

Probably not, if it clamps to the fork.

• Justin89

Posted September 24, 2008 - 08:16 PM

Well thanks for the helpful hints guys:cheers:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.