2000 YZ 426F Need Help!!

4 replies to this topic
  • motohead79

Posted September 24, 2008 - 09:25 AM

Hey, Man i got a deal of the century with this bike, and have rode it for about 2 years here and there. I dont get much time riding anymore so the bike has stayed nearly mint. I love the bikes power but it just beats the hell out of me....I weigh about 230lbs. anyone have any ideas about how i can set this bike up to be more user friendly? I mean i jus get arm pump after like two laps on the track....I dont know if i need some serious suspension upgrades or what....Thanks Guys!

• CrzyWhtBy

Posted September 24, 2008 - 09:32 AM

Have you tried hitting the gym?? I am 6'5" and 225 and believe me the gym will be about the only thing that would help, other than gedtting your suspension set up right.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • spc mike

Posted September 24, 2008 - 06:36 PM

try the windham bend pro tapers. Grayracer says it might reduce arm pump.

• grayracer513

Posted September 24, 2008 - 06:57 PM

They might, if they help you relax.

Arm pump (not to be confused with plain old tired muscles) is the result of setting the arm muscles in a tensed state and keeping them there for an extended period. Natural muscular activity is cyclic, i.e., flex, relax, flex, relax, like your legs do when you run. When some people set and hold the arm muscles, the muscular tension reduces the circulation of blood, and therefore, both the transport of oxygen to, and wastes from the muscles, causing pain and rapid fatigue.

The best three things for it are:

> Relax whenever possible, for however long it's possible, even seconds at a time.

> Build strength, so as to increase your confidence in your ability to hang on without a maximum effort

> Practice, for the same reason.

And do have your springs replaced to match your weight.

• bob426

Posted September 29, 2008 - 02:59 PM

I had my suspension done by a local shop- told them to make it a cadillac, and they did. Stock suspension (especially on a 426) is not very forgiving. A pro can re-valve, change oil weight, and "tune" the suspension for a specific rider, and it makes a huge difference.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.