Bike From Hell..

9 replies to this topic
  • xorron5

Posted September 24, 2008 - 06:11 AM

The last 4 weeks my bike been at 4 different mechaniks at some of them 2-3 times so all together 7 times...and allways i have been eable to drive 2-20 min. before there is a problem again including :bike stops suddenly and after that is wery hard to start and the runs again and stops, the problem appears after the bike gets warm..(it allso have had numerous other problems what i am not going to list up now because this is the one we havent been able to cure)..
my mechanic the latest one have been chanching seals and top end gaskets because he claimed the engine was getting water inside the engine from a leaking radiator...and the bike was seriously ower heating +all the coolant was out...yeah all tru (mayby)...and all the mechanics i we been telling to allso check valve clearaces and jetting +clean the carburetor...i got the bike back to day from mechanic who had fixed it for that reason 5 days ago and then the kick start mecanism broke and it been in for fixing again(for the last 5 days) and after 10 min of driving to day...same s***t again runs and stops..and to day when it was getting dark and the bike had been standing allready for a while because i coud not start it and when i finally did so in just
a few seconds the exhaust header was glowing orange red and then engine shuts off again, the symptom is exactly like when the bike runs out of gas...:excuseme: :lol: :excuseme:
ou and buy the way its an 2005 yz450f

• buggs bunny

Posted September 24, 2008 - 06:39 AM

just mabey a piece of crud is floating around in your gas tank causing it to clog up by the petcock causing it to run out of gas?

• Kasjok

Posted September 24, 2008 - 07:26 AM

Maybe karma is getting you?

• grayracer513

Posted September 24, 2008 - 07:45 AM

When the bike stops next time, loosen the gas cap, and see if that clears up the problem. If so, the gas cap venting system may be the cause. You should be able to blow air through the free end of the hose all the way through the cap with the cap unscrewed.

• WB450

Posted September 24, 2008 - 07:54 AM

When the bike stops next time, loosen the gas cap, and see if that clears up the problem. If so, the gas cap venting system may be the cause. You should be able to blow air through the free end of the hose all the way through the cap with the cap unscrewed.

Been there!:lol: :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gassyphil

Posted September 24, 2008 - 07:57 AM

+1 also Sounds like it could also be the CDI unit? :excuseme:

• Matt_W

Posted September 24, 2008 - 08:02 AM

+1 also Sounds like it could also be the CDI unit? :excuseme:

+1 on the CDI.

Back in the day a whole bunch of my riding buddies bought YZ426's, including myself. One of my buddies had a similar problem as yours; he could ride for about 20 minutes before his bike just shut off. He had the bike to several different shops who checked valves, fuel delivery, etc., all to no avail. I'm not sure how we came to the conclusion that it could be the CDI, but we swapped out a working CDI with his and BANG . . . his bike would run all day.

• grayracer513

Posted September 24, 2008 - 08:21 AM

Most electronic devices, and most induction coils, such as those found in the magneto stator, are subject to having flaws that show up with a build up of heat. The problem here is that the trouble is intermittent. Hard failures are much simpler to troubleshoot. If the fuel delivery angle doesn't pan out, then what you would want to be able to do is to test the stator immediately after the bike quits. Then, if the stator passes, test the coil, then try a CDI.

• xorron5

Posted September 24, 2008 - 10:30 AM

Thank u all ,and Gray coud u please explane how to do these tests,
a)for magneto stator
b)and same with the coil
c) ok cd unit propably is only way to test if i try with an other one...
there is an nasty change that these problems are caused by an total
disonest mechanic what i used i the beginning 1 time ,my bike was there for 5 days (what my friend warned me about when he heard that i took my bike to this shop,not an THAI ,an brittish with an questionable rep.) after that shop i started to get all kind of a problems and i have started to belive that this a***h*** has changed some shit behind my back
like cdi unit for example that way he will get his claws around my bike cheap
from any shop i sold it to ,the reason why it coud be true is because i heard him talking to somebody on the phone about my bike ,who was interested in it ,he said to the person at the phone that i am looking at it right now !!!and he knew that i have an newer bike on its way in 1 month ( can take longer than that), and i tould him that i will sell my bike to the shop where the newer one is comming...
...:excuseme: :lol: :excuseme:

• grayracer513

Posted September 24, 2008 - 11:45 AM

Thank u all ,and Gray coud u please explane how to do these tests,
a)for magneto stator
b)and same with the coil
c) ok cd unit propably is only way to test if i try with an other one...
there is an nasty change that these problems are caused by an total
disonest mechanic what i used i the beginning 1 time ,my bike was there for 5 days (what my friend warned me about when he heard that i took my bike to this shop,not an THAI ,an brittish with an questionable rep.) after that shop i started to get all kind of a problems and i have started to belive that this a***h*** has changed some shit behind my back
like cdi unit for example that way he will get his claws around my bike cheap
from any shop i sold it to ,the reason why it coud be true is because i heard him talking to somebody on the phone about my bike ,who was interested in it ,he said to the person at the phone that i am looking at it right now !!!and he knew that i have an newer bike on its way in 1 month ( can take longer than that), and i tould him that i will sell my bike to the shop where the newer one is comming...
...:excuseme: :lol: :excuseme:

The tests are listed in the manual. If you don't have one, download one:

http://www.yamaha-mo...ice/manuals.jsp

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.