Post the instructions for the 2007-2008 GYT-R AIS kit

20 replies to this topic
  • BajaFool

Posted September 23, 2008 - 10:31 AM

Is there a kind soul out there who would please post a copy of the entire GYT-R AIS kit instruction sheet for the 2007-2008 WR450F. I've searched the forums and there are pieces of the late model instructions and the complete instructions for the 2005-2006 WR450F's. This however, no single thread that includes the entire set of instructions for the 2007-2008 WR450F's. Maybe if someone posts this info, the moderator would make it a stickie for all to use in the future.

• trailhead2004

Posted September 23, 2008 - 02:34 PM

Sorry man, I'm at work so I don't have the instructions with me but...

It's pretty simple really.

1. Remove the vacuum line going from the intake to the AIS valve at the intake end of the hose.
2. Cover the vacuum nipple with the supplied vacuum cap.
3. Remove the hose running from the hard steel tube to the airbox at the airbox end of the hose.
4. Cover the nipple on the airbox with the supplied vacuum cap.
5. Remove the AIS valve at the bracket that attaches it to the frame (under the fuel tank).
6. Remove the steel tube assembly by removing the two bolts attaching it to the engine.
7. Install the provided cover where you just removed the steel tube assembly and install the bolts.

Don't forget the gasket under the block-off plate, Loctite the bolts, pray to the gods, genuflect, and sacrifice a virgin, etc. and you're done.:excuseme:

Really, it's not too difficult a job. I think the hardest part was pulling the long hose from the AIS valve to the airbox, and only because it's a little bit of a tight fit in there.

If I remember to grab it tonight, I'll scan it and send it in but these instructions should be pretty straight forward. If you're trying to lowball the modification, the only things you need to get are a small plate to cover the hole in the motor, and the two vacuum caps. The rest is just about removing things.

Good luck!

trailhead2004

• BajaFool

Posted September 23, 2008 - 06:55 PM

Trailhead 2004,
Thanks for your reply. I would appreciate a scan of the actual instructions, if you can provide them.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 23, 2008 - 07:31 PM

Trailhead 2004,
Thanks for your reply. I would appreciate a scan of the actual instructions, if you can provide them.

let me go check the trash as i just finished...

Found it...you owe me the trash kinda stunk...

www.danwalshracing.com/TTAISInstructions.pdf

• KennyMc

Posted September 23, 2008 - 07:49 PM

Here are mine

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 23, 2008 - 07:51 PM

Don't forget the gasket under the block-off plate, Loctite the bolts, pray to the gods, genuflect, and sacrifice a virgin, etc. and you're done.:excuseme:

we didnt do that on my buddies 07 and i didnt on my 08...but i did crank on them pretty good and used a punch on the side the bolt and aluminum to dimple it.

who else lock tightened these?

• KennyMc

Posted September 23, 2008 - 08:18 PM

we didnt do that on my buddies 07 and i didnt on my 08...but i did crank on them pretty good and used a punch on the side the bolt and aluminum to dimple it.

I did not.:excuseme:

• JSanfilippo

Posted September 23, 2008 - 08:46 PM

Hey guys! The block off kit is illegal for use on public lands :busted: This better be for closed course competition or else I'm alerting the gestapo :banana: We need to do everything we can to improve air quality and reduce pollutants that cause global warming :busted: :lol: :ride: :excuseme: :busted:

BTW I didn't loctite the block off plate bolts either :excuseme:

• KennyMc

Posted September 23, 2008 - 09:49 PM

Hey guys! The block off kit is illegal for use on public lands :busted: This better be for closed course competition or else I'm alerting the gestapo :busted: We need to do everything we can to improve air quality and reduce pollutants that cause global warming :busted: :excuseme: :prof: :banana: :ride:

BTW I didn't loctite the block off plate bolts either :lol:

I agree 100%. Kids, don't try this at home.:excuseme:

• Demo_Slug

Posted September 23, 2008 - 11:55 PM

missing a page or 2? :excuseme:

Here are mine

Posted Image

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KennyMc

Posted September 24, 2008 - 06:50 AM

missing a page or 2? :excuseme:

Efficiency my man.:excuseme: Page 1 is a parts list and page 4 is the "free mods" how to do the intake silencer (air snorkle removal), bafflectomy, and grey wire.:lol:

• trailhead2004

Posted September 24, 2008 - 07:17 AM

That's a misunderstanding guys. I didn't Loctite mine either. Think about it, the heat from the engine will break down the Loctite, except maybe the green junk, in a short time and then it doesn't work anymore. That part was all tongue in cheek.

However, sacrificing the virgin, genuflecting, etc was all done to promote good luck and fortune. Feel free to follow those instructions.:excuseme:

trailhead2004

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 24, 2008 - 07:23 AM

Think about it, the heat from the engine will break down the Loctite, except maybe the green junk, in a short time and then it doesn't work anymore.

Thats what i was thinking! anyways doing the ais is rather easy!

• tweav

Posted September 24, 2008 - 09:15 AM

Anybody happen to know the size air jet that comes it that kit . My kit did not have one.

• KennyMc

Posted September 24, 2008 - 09:22 AM

Anybody happen to know the size air jet that comes it that kit . My kit did not have one.

:excuseme: That would be on page 1. Efficiency did not pay off. I can check when I get home from work.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 24, 2008 - 10:07 AM

i dont believe the air jet needs to be changed...my 06 was jetted perfectly and the air jet was never changed...but then again what do i know:p

• BajaFool

Posted September 24, 2008 - 10:16 AM

Thanks guys for the prompt replies. I do want to have a copy of pages 1 and 4 of the instructions, if someone could supply them.

Here is the issue. I have owned 2003 and 2006 WR450F's. (Currently still own the 2006, its for sale on Craigs List and Cycle Trader in the San Diego, CA area, ridden 2.600 mi with many extras.) I just bought a 2008 WR450F and I am going through the drill of rejetting and doing the free mods. The 2006 WR came with all of the AIS stuff, lean jetting and the restricted air intake and muffler. I bought the GYT-R AIS kit for the 2006 model, installed the jetting and performed the free mods. The GYT-R jetting was way too rich. After consulting with a well respected jetting master in this area, I rejetted the 2006 WR to the factory jetting specs for the 2004 WR. The bike has performed perfectly, at sea level to 5,300 ft, with great gas mileage. I plan to rejet the 2008 WR450F to the same 2004 WR450F jetting specs that worked so well in the past.

Now the question. The 2003, 2004, 2006 and 2008 WR450F's have the same Main Air Jet (MAJ) listed in the owner's manual. The spec is 2.0. The AIS kit for the 2006 WR450F did not include a MAJ replacement, so replacing this jet is new to me. I just looked at the carb intake bell on the 2008 and it looks like the hole for the MAJ is empty. So, if the specs for the WR450F from 2003-2008 all say that the MAJ is a 2.0, were is the actual jet or is the whole drilled to 2.0? What size is the MAJ in the GYT-R AIS kit? I never messed with it on the 2006, why mess with it on the 2008, especially if I am going to jet the 2008 WR to the same specs as a 2004 WR. By the way for those who are wondering about the 2004 WR450F specs, other than a OBDWR needle, 4th clip and #165 Main Jet, the carb specs are identical to the 2008 WR450F specs. The 2004 WR450F was the last WR450F produced before AIS was added to the bikes. A little hint here that Yamaha learned from their much too lean jetting on the 2003 WR450F. So, what am I missing here concerning the MAJ contained in the 2008 GYT-R AIS kit?

• Demo_Slug

Posted September 24, 2008 - 10:41 AM

Now the question. The 2003, 2004, 2006 and 2008 WR450F's have the same Main Air Jet (MAJ) listed in the owner's manual. The spec is 2.0. The AIS kit for the 2006 WR450F did not include a MAJ replacement, so replacing this jet is new to me. I just looked at the carb intake bell on the 2008 and it looks like the hole for the MAJ is empty. So, if the specs for the WR450F from 2003-2008 all say that the MAJ is a 2.0, were is the actual jet or is the whole drilled to 2.0? What size is the MAJ in the GYT-R AIS kit? I never messed with it on the 2006, why mess with it on the 2008, especially if I am going to jet the 2008 WR to the same specs as a 2004 WR. By the way for those who are wondering about the 2004 WR450F specs, other than a OBDWR needle, 4th clip and #165 Main Jet, the carb specs are identical to the 2008 WR450F specs. The 2004 WR450F was the last WR450F produced before AIS was added to the bikes. A little hint here that Yamaha learned from their much too lean jetting on the 2003 WR450F. So, what am I missing here concerning the MAJ contained in the 2008 GYT-R AIS kit?

the MAJ is permanent in this carb. like you say it is drilled. the AIS kit adds smaller one.

I asked JD becasue his kit doesn't have a MAJ, he said that he tested it and the MAJ was not important on this carb. Had something to do with the emulsion tube restricting air flow from the MAJ.

• BajaFool

Posted September 24, 2008 - 10:45 AM

Demo Slug,
BLESS YOU!! I can now return to worrying about world hunger, the threat of nuclear proliferation and whether the Yamaha dealer has received the OBDWR needle I ordered Monday.

• KennyMc

Posted September 24, 2008 - 06:11 PM

It comes with a #110 Main Air Jet.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.