What's it worth?

5 replies to this topic
  • svry

Posted September 22, 2008 - 12:49 PM

I had a question for you guys,I was thinking of selling my 1999 YZ400F and upgrading to something newer.My question is what's it worth, I have owned it for two seasons and when I picked it up it was bone stock but well maintained since then I have done the following to set it up for desert riding/racing.

*All new plastics
*Fluidyne Radiators
*Dr D full exhaust D-Shape
*Hyde Racing Skid Plate
*WC frame guards
*Aluminum Sub frame
*Clarke Desert Tank
*Renthal upper clamp with Renthal Twin-Wall bars
*New chain and sprockets ( 15/48)
*Sunline shift lever
*Cycra CRM Pro Bend Pacer Pack Handguards
*BRP chain guide
*BRP disk fin
*new brake pads front and rear
*new oem brake disc front and rear
*Rad Manufacturing Econo series wheels (Black on Black with 18" rear)
*SDG Tall Seat
*Power now and JD Jetting kit
*IMS Low-Boy Pegs

Current Green sticker and clean title

If anyone could help I would appreciate it

• grayracer513

Posted September 22, 2008 - 12:51 PM

Do you want me to make you feel good, or tell you the truth?

• svry

Posted September 22, 2008 - 12:54 PM

well I do understand I now have more into it than its worth

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 22, 2008 - 12:59 PM

If you find the right buyer, you might get $2000. It's really worth about $1600. Even that might be hard to get, because your in competition with YZ426's in that range.

The market is funny, though. What seems to always happen to me is that I post an ad, nobody asks about it for a couple of months, then finally somebody bites, and I let him low ball me. The next week is usually filled with people calling about the bike.

• svry

Posted September 22, 2008 - 01:03 PM

Well then I guess Iam better off keeping it and making it a 440 huh?

• grayracer513

Posted September 22, 2008 - 01:42 PM

That depends on what you'd rather own. I paid $3200 for my second '06 a year ago, and 3 months later, I sold my '03 with a handful of add-ons for $2200. Any upgrade will cost you something, whether you "trade" yours, or modify it. It's just a matter of where you end up.

Don't try to think of everything in strictly monetary terms. Some stuff has intangible values that can't always be easily convert to dollars.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.