450 reliable as 400?

4 replies to this topic
  • niterider40

Posted September 22, 2008 - 07:06 AM

I just bought an 03 wr450. I was wondering about the titatanium valves compared to the steel ones on my 99 400. My old bike is so reliable it amazes me. Should I focus more on maintenance and valve adjustment with the 03? How would I know if the starter upgrade has been done on the 03? I ride on Atka island (Aleution chain) I have the only 2 wheeler here with only 60 people on the island. Plenty of open riding on volcanic mountains with no trees. Does anyone want to ride here?

• kjr247

Posted September 22, 2008 - 06:08 PM

I also have that 99 WR400 that is rock solid. Looking at this forum...all of the Yamaha's 400/426/450's have been XR reliable. I have not seen very much mechanical issue posted. You got a good one...go blue. KJR

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stev0

Posted September 22, 2008 - 09:44 PM

its for that very reason i bought my first WR450. The yammie seems to be the most reliable out of the mx/enduro bunch.

• mightymart

Posted September 23, 2008 - 10:36 AM

I bought a 07 450 on the strenght that my friend has got a 04 WR from new & never missed a beat. Also it handled a dream compared to my XR650r !

• yz-dwg

Posted September 23, 2008 - 02:21 PM

"Does anyone want to ride here?"
I do !!!! please post some pics

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.