Fellow TT'er & BITD Racer Ironman Dan

11 replies to this topic
  • Ron_in_SoCal

Posted June 17, 2002 - 07:28 AM

What will you be doing this Thursday morning at 5:00 am? If you are like me, you will be asleep resting for just another day at the office, maybe dreaming of a new WR450 sitting in your garage.

Not fellow Tter Dan Lorenze. No sir. He will be starting day one in the Best In The Desert Nevada 1000. Click HERE for info on this event. Late June (read HOT!) in the Nevada desert and Dan is racing 1000 miles in three days ALL BY HIMSELF in the Ironman class.

Dan, in my book, you are the MAN. I wish you the best of luck and will be thinking of you while I am sitting at my desk in my air-conditioned office doing absolutely nothing exciting whatsoever.

Go get em Ironman Dan! :)

• TW

Posted June 17, 2002 - 10:13 AM

I echo your setiments Ron. Good luck Dan, I should say I envy you and probably do to some degree but then the real world hits me. I'd be gone after the first day of heat, speed, bumps and a few crashes if it was me :) . Again, Good Luck to you and your bike..........TW

• Dan_from_HB

Posted June 17, 2002 - 10:34 AM

Danny Boy,
Good luck in Nevada! We'll give you a few weeks to recover, then you can write us a recap here in TT.
If you are interested, it sounds like Paul might be up for a road trip to Kennedy Meadows. Tell Derek, Tokie, and the guys if you like. I'll pm Ron so he knows, too. No exact date yet, but we'll work it out.
Dan

• Bryan Bosch

Posted June 17, 2002 - 12:04 PM

Originally posted by Ron in SoCal:
What will you be doing this Thursday morning at 5:00 am? If you are like me, you will be asleep resting for just another day at the office, maybe dreaming of a new WR450 sitting in your garage.

Not fellow Tter Dan Lorenze. No sir. He will be starting day one in the Best In The Desert Nevada 1000. Click HERE for info on this event. Late June (read HOT!) in the Nevada desert and Dan is racing 1000 miles in three days ALL BY HIMSELF in the Ironman class.

Dan, in my book, you are the MAN. I wish you the best of luck and will be thinking of you while I am sitting at my desk in my air-conditioned office doing absolutely nothing exciting whatsoever.

Go get em Ironman Dan! :)

Go Dan! Hey, you have TT fenders stickers on that bike??? Regardless, get us some photos for our main page!

Bryan

[ June 17, 2002: Message edited by: Bryan Bosch ]

• PMAUST

Posted June 17, 2002 - 04:07 PM

Go get'em Dan! We are all pulling for you. Good luck and be safe. Paul

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted June 18, 2002 - 10:12 AM

Guys, Thanks for all of the kind words.. I really appreciate it..

Im looking forward to the race. I have the WR all dialed in. Im bringing 3 complete wheel sets so I have fresh tires for all 3 days. I have 2 full working pit crews going along with tons of spare parts and a complete spare WR. I have taken advice from Ronny and got "Guts racing" seat foam and bought some padded bicycle riding shorts, that with some Monkey butt cream should have my rear end good to go.

The most important aspect for me is to finish the race, period!! I will be as consistant as I can, making sure to ride smart and not overshoot any turns and to stay far away from trucks. I don't plan on winning this race, my competition is really tough but a nice third or fourth place finish would be nice.

Im really lucky to get the time off of work to do this and I have the greatest family that will be there at every pit for me. And that's the most important thing. You can't imagine how much time goes into a race like this, it's unbelievable.

I think my brother might have an extra set of"TT" stickers that I'll try to bum off of him. I'll make sure that I'lll have some pictures taken of the WR and me.

Again, Thanks for the kind words guys!!!! Hopefully we could all get together this summer for a Kennedy Meadows trip and have some beers. That would be great!!!!!!!

Thanks,DL :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirhk

Posted June 18, 2002 - 06:34 PM

Dan, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!! I was down at the Baja 500 a few weeks back and watching those bikes come by was AWESOME!! Good luck man and stay safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ohhh and like you said stay outta the way of those trucks, especially the big red ones (aka Herbst!!)

Hey Ron, What's new?

Khris

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted June 19, 2002 - 05:01 AM

Originally posted by sirhk:
Ohhh and like you said stay outta the way of those trucks, especially the big red ones (aka Herbst!!)

You mean these red ones???

Posted Image

[ June 19, 2002: Message edited by: Dan Lorenze ]

• sirhk

Posted June 19, 2002 - 03:44 PM

No offense but if those are the ones you're watching out for you probably need to speed up a little :) ... Hmmm, I've got a cart for sale right now, maybe you should buy it and race it in that class???? Good luck again man.. I'd be there chearing you on but I'm going to be riding shotgun in a 7s truck Sat at the MDR race in Lucern.

• Dan_from_HB

Posted June 19, 2002 - 07:38 PM

Take your dramamine.

• PMAUST

Posted June 23, 2002 - 07:52 PM

How do we get the results? Does anyone know how Danny did? Thanks, Paul

• Dan_from_HB

Posted June 23, 2002 - 09:03 PM

Paul,
Go to www.off-road.com . It appears that Daniel finished in position 69 overall of 154 entries, 5th in class. Great job, Dan!
Dan

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.