Holy Jesus 07 450f

5 replies to this topic
  • Ash26600

Posted September 22, 2008 - 01:44 AM

I am the proud owner of a new (to me) 07 WR450f. I just upgraded from a '98 400f.

The difference is amazing. 10 years of development amount to a ride that is so much more composed and power that is usable and forgiving.

It has made monster power slides, stand-up wheelies and haulin ass, so much easier.

I feel like i can ride much faster with less input.

My point, to anyone wondering if there much to gain by upgrading one WR for another, do it.

For someone that regularly tries to climb nasty hills the electric start is GOLD.:lol: :excuseme:

• JNSIE

Posted September 22, 2008 - 02:18 AM

cheers mate, im looking to get a CRF250X yr06. just need a few extra $'s.

• tweav

Posted September 22, 2008 - 03:36 AM

cheers mate, im looking to get a CRF250X yr06. just need a few extra $'s.

I got one of those it's brand new sitting in my back room , just waiting til I the time and money rebuild it into my awd cr500

And yes I have a a 07 wr 450 too they are a nice bike . And Yes they have come a long way.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamahammer426

Posted September 22, 2008 - 09:02 AM

The 450's are amazing. One of my friends rides in the midwest motocross circuit and has an '08 yz450 that he let me ride yesterday, and it had a ton of power. I'm used to 2-stroke dirt bikes that have a finicky powerband, and I used to think that if it wasn't a 2-stroke it wasn't worth riding, but as much power as these 450's have, I'm convinced that 4-strokes are the way to go now. It's nice being able to choose between rolling on the throttle and keeping it smooth, or cracking it wide open to wheelie out of the holeshot.

• xrmarty

Posted September 22, 2008 - 11:35 PM

I agree. Same thing can be said for the YZ. I rode an older (90's) yz and I wasn't impressed with it at all. They one day I rode my buddy's 06 yz 250 and I couldn't believe the difference. Now I have an 07WR 450. It's an awsome bike!

• Ash26600

Posted September 23, 2008 - 02:51 AM

yeah i try not to be too 'one eyed' in my admiration of yamaha enduro bikes..... its hard though.

Friends of mine struggle to keep up in the woods on their mx bikes, but my bike is at home on almost any mx track.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.