04 WR450 Clutch recommendations

3 replies to this topic
  • NathanGardner

Posted September 21, 2008 - 03:58 PM

I am looking to replace my clutch disks and plates in my 04 WR450.
Any recommendations?

• yz-dwg

Posted September 22, 2008 - 10:31 AM

I heard EBC doesnt work well with Yamaha, hearsay though, they seem cheap........try a Rekluse

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PBDBLUE

Posted September 22, 2008 - 11:01 AM

Go with Yamaha OEM. I tried the EBC plates in my '04 and without going into too much detail had a bunch of trouble with free play going away when the bike would get hot. End up replacing them with oem. No problems since.

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 22, 2008 - 09:33 PM

Go with Yamaha OEM. I tried the EBC plates in my '04 and without going into too much detail had a bunch of trouble with free play going away when the bike would get hot. End up replacing them with oem. No problems since.

+1 on the OEM fibers and plates.

I tried DP discs and fibers in my 04' and had a short life, ended up putting OEM back in..

I really think OEM is the best option:excuseme:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.