08'decel pop and throttle stop

1 reply to this topic
  • mrpbdy

Posted September 21, 2008 - 10:50 AM

I have had my 08' wr 450 for about 2 months now. Have done AIS removal, airbox shorkel removal, peashooter removal, and disconnected what I think was the correct grey wire. I thought I read that the grey wire would help with the pop when you back off of the throttle, but I still almost get spit over the bars in low gears. Did I miss anything or is this just the nature of this beast?
Also, I have still to tackle the throttle stop. The access is very limited with the aluminum frame in the way. Any suggestions on the best way to go about this one.
Thanks for any advice.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted September 21, 2008 - 12:37 PM

Gray wire has not effect on decel popping. It merely enables a more radical ignition advance curve.

LOL, 'spit over the bars' is a 'feature' of a four stroke engine braking.

Since you opened the airbox and the exhaust, did you rejet? Yjhis is very important. Did you reset/adjust the fuel screw?

With the correct ball end Allen wrench, the throttle stop screw can easily be swapped. Without the correct tools, shock removal may be called for.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.