WR 450f vs TS 185

10 replies to this topic
  • blue_beast_wins

Posted January 04, 2003 - 12:09 AM

Those drum breaks and neck breaking power, wwwwwwwwooooowwwwwwwww, i want the TS. :) :D

• Dwight_Rudder

Posted January 04, 2003 - 12:20 AM

There was a time ...........................
HEHEHE,
Dwight

• RCannon

Posted January 04, 2003 - 04:19 AM

My dad had one of those. He traded up from his first bike, a Suzuki 90. At 200 lbs a person did not need the power of a 250 (???)

Honestly, the bikes were just as fun as what we ride now. The speeds were lower. The airtime less (obviously) BUT...No one knew anything different and all the bikes were built like this.

The cost was also very low. You could buy the bikes at 30% discounts easily. A bike was 2 to three weeks pay.

• adamwagar

Posted January 04, 2003 - 04:31 AM

Don't forget the "maintainence free" valves. Of course I think the Kawasaki KD175 would be a better choice. Rotary Disk valves are hard to beat. :)

• xr600r

Posted January 04, 2003 - 08:42 AM

i was brought up on those bikes, my first one was a honda SL70, then a TS250, and on and on, i agree, i had just as much fun, simply because i didnt know any better.
i had a TS185 a few years ago, that was in mint shape, right down to the tits on the trials tires, like a fool, i sold it. those bikes are getting to be worth some money.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XC800.X

Posted January 05, 2003 - 06:34 AM

I gotta admit, I sure miss my old KD 175. At that time I didn't care if I went fast or not. I was just happy to be riding.
Shawn :)

• MrTwister

Posted January 05, 2003 - 12:42 PM

ahhh the good old days when a dirt bike pretty much came down to what kind of tyres were on it! my first bike was TS100E what a bike! Matt black rat bikes rule the world. cost me $50 and it ran too(mostly).
cheers
Lachy

• xr600r

Posted January 05, 2003 - 02:39 PM

my TS250 had a full knobby in the rear, and a circle industries fork brace, man did i have the world by the azz.

• blue_beast_wins

Posted January 05, 2003 - 02:57 PM

I had a TS 185 that i rode wile i was doing the motor in my TT350, rode it in the bush for three months, every weekend, man it was slow, the old banger though, it was the first up those slippery greasy hills, no way that thing could break traction :D

I actually started this post as a dig at all the stupid comparisons we are getting here :) :D

• adamwagar

Posted January 05, 2003 - 05:49 PM

this thread has me thinking about buying an old foo-foo bike. These long,cold, Michigan winters do strange things to a guy. :)

• blue_beast_wins

Posted January 05, 2003 - 05:57 PM

Make a new post and get it off your chest :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.