? about wr 450

1 reply to this topic
  • grap660

Posted September 20, 2008 - 02:22 PM

hi i ride a raptor 660 and im getting a new bike im thinking of getting the new yfz 450r or a dirt bike the wr 450 but my question is that i never rode a db before and i want to get the wr 450 well it be a probelm for me or to be of a bike for i use to useing the twist throttle cuz my friend has one on his yfz im 5'10 200 pounds and well this bike be good for baja also

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Demo_Slug

Posted September 20, 2008 - 04:54 PM

hi i ride a raptor 660 and im getting a new bike im thinking of getting the new yfz 450r or a dirt bike the wr 450 but my question is that i never rode a db before and i want to get the wr 450 well it be a probelm for me or to be of a bike for i use to useing the twist throttle cuz my friend has one on his yfz im 5'10 200 pounds and well this bike be good for baja also

well, dirt bike and quads are different. you might not like it. will it be too much bike for you? The power is smooth, so too much power is not an issue. but a lighter bike might be more fun to learn on, because you will probably dump the bike... a lot.

in regards to baja, if you are talking sand... I'd take the quad. anything else, I'd take the dirt bike.

if you like to drift on your quad remember that it might take you awhile to get comfortable drifting on a dirt bike.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.