14 replies to this topic
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 20, 2008 - 01:41 PM

Though you might like these pictures...

Posted Image

Posted Image

• honeycutt

Posted September 21, 2008 - 10:34 AM

What difference huh? I put an o8YZ450 exhaust on my 07 WR450 and couldn't believe it! Heat shield and everything bolted up perfect! Great increases every where! All for $150, well another $120 for the PMB end cap/ spark arrestor!

• fLUNX

Posted September 23, 2008 - 08:06 AM

is there such diference in YZ vs. WR 07 models?

• JSanfilippo

Posted September 23, 2008 - 09:49 AM

is there such diference in YZ vs. WR 07 models?

Yes sir

• fLUNX

Posted September 23, 2008 - 01:31 PM

is there the same diference in the Yamaha stock header of an 06 YZF (which has a "megabomb") ?
is it compatible with WR 07?

regards. fLAVIO

• Demo_Slug

Posted September 23, 2008 - 05:26 PM

is there the same diference in the Yamaha stock header of an 06 YZF (which has a "megabomb") ?
is it compatible with WR 07?

regards. fLAVIO

The 07-08 WR header is 38mm at the outlet
The 07-08 YZ headers are 45 mm at the outlet. (FYI the European YZ header is different)

I think the 06 YZ header is 41 or 42mm at the outlet. But don’t quote me.

I think with the right OEM gasket you can make any of them fit the stock WR silencer. But that stock silencer is a turd. I would replace it with a quality slip on. Why not drive on over to Italy and get a nice Leo Vince x3 slip on. :excuseme:

And Good luck figuring out what the FMF pipe is. They never responded to my emails in regards to the subject and have no documentation on their website.

• JSanfilippo

Posted September 23, 2008 - 08:51 PM

I would replace it with a quality slip on. Why not drive on over to Italy and get a nice Leo Vince x3 slip on. :excuseme:

Gas in europe averages about $8-$10 a litre. It'd be WAY cheaper to have it shipped :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Demo_Slug

Posted September 23, 2008 - 11:46 PM

Gas in europe averages about $8-$10 a litre. It'd be WAY cheaper to have it shipped :lol:

its only a 20 hour drive. and they have them smart cars :excuseme:

• fLUNX

Posted September 24, 2008 - 01:41 AM

I already have a FMF Ti Powercore but with stock header on my 07 WR (European model)

So can I use this header... of the 06 YZF
Posted Image

best regards, fLAVIO

• tribalbc

Posted September 24, 2008 - 04:17 AM

Should fit no problem. Any aluminum frame model YZ exhaust should fit. The header will now slip into the slip on without an adapter. I've never seen a YZ header like that before though :excuseme:

• fLUNX

Posted September 24, 2008 - 05:30 AM

well here in Portugal... in 06... I guess that "all" the YZF had that header.
is it something for "europe"????

fLAVIO

• Demo_Slug

Posted September 24, 2008 - 11:45 AM

Should fit no problem. Any aluminum frame model YZ exhaust should fit. The header will now slip into the slip on without an adapter. I've never seen a YZ header like that before though :excuseme:

I'd bet $2, that the eruo 06 header is 42mm and the FMF inlet is 45mm. he may have to fab a spacer.

• bluebreadtruck

Posted September 25, 2008 - 02:12 PM

anyone know if a similar year yz header is larger and will fit my 2000 wr?

• SXP

Posted September 25, 2008 - 09:41 PM

anyone know if a similar year yz header is larger and will fit my 2000 wr?

The headers between the 98-02 YZ/WR will freely interchange between model years. The bend on the header changed in 2001 (I believe) so you could access the oil filter without loosening the header. I'm pretty sure the diameter of the header remained the same through the five years for both the YZ and WR.

• MountainMax

Posted September 28, 2008 - 05:06 PM

Didn't the Newer YZ's go with a longer/larger head pipe because of their shorter mechanical muffler?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.