White brothers MX4 sparky

3 replies to this topic
  • ghettoblaster

Posted September 20, 2008 - 12:34 PM

I have a solution for anyone stuck with this pipe and need a spark arrestor for it.
Posted Image

Theres a kit they sell on ebay for stock yamaha yfz,raptor exhausts,but I made it work for the mx4
Posted Image

All you have to do with this kit is cut the pipe 1/4" past the taper ON THE bell and reinstall the screen on to the end.make sure you deburr the pipe.
Posted Image

I didn't need safety wire around my screen.With just the screen wrapped around the end,the insert fits tight with a light tap of a rubber mallet.Drill a hole and install the retaining bolt and your done.I will post up a picture of the finished product when i get my camera back.

I also noticed it did knock down some of the bark out of a already obnoxious exhaust.The fit and finish looks factory.

• ghettoblaster

Posted September 22, 2008 - 04:25 AM

Finished product

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • badklx450r

Posted March 15, 2011 - 03:35 PM

gettoblaster, could you plaese be specific on the year of yamaha raptor or give a part number. Is it a yamaha part or for an after market slip on? Raptor 600 660 700? I have to make one of these to ride on the trails in northern Michigan. Thanks any help will be greatly appreciated.

• grayracer513

Posted March 16, 2011 - 07:55 AM

The thread is 3 years old, and the been on the site since 2008.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.