Colorado 500

5 replies to this topic
  • F6dood

Posted January 03, 2003 - 02:04 PM

Is anyone going to participate in the Colorado 500 Invitational Charity Run. Saw all of these dirt bikes flowing through the bars and cafe's in Silverton while on a tour through CO w/ some Harley Thug buds of mine. Spoke w/ some of the dirt bikers and it happens every year. I want to go if I can get someone to respond w/ registration information. Usually happens late August. Anybody know about this. There is a website but very limited info.

• SMD

Posted January 03, 2003 - 02:28 PM

As you have already mentioned, it is by invatation only. The invite must come from Wally himself or a paticipant with at least one years event (riding)participation.
And heavy emphasis on the charity contribution part.
Good luck and have fun. :)

• BruceWA

Posted January 03, 2003 - 04:45 PM

Actually the sponsor must have attended two 500's before they can sponsor another rider.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_from_HB

Posted January 03, 2003 - 07:26 PM

In addition, your "sponsor" (veteran host who invited you) is totally responsible for YOUR behavior. You blow it, he doesn't get invited back! Guys are extremely careful who they invite.
This one is primarily for professionals and industry people in auto and motorcycle racing. I have angled for an invite, but haven't gotten in yet. Maybe someday.
Dan

• F6dood

Posted January 03, 2003 - 07:40 PM

Well actually, I've not been invited yet. But, maybe I'm wrong, If demonstrated that one is responsible, experienced and well behaved and is willing to contribute, Ah well, maybe I shouldn't hold my breath. Thanks for your comments. I learned something here. :)

• endurodog

Posted January 03, 2003 - 11:52 PM

Yes I do ride the Colorado 500, for the last 3 years. The guys are correct you have to be invited by someone that has ridden before or Wally himself. Most of the guys I know will only invite someone they have very good knowledge of, my brother was my first invitee. Wally is very strict on his rules, for good reason, he wants to put on a good face for the sport. If I was to invite someone that acted poorly that person would not be invited back and I probably wouldn't either. I would tell ya to meet someone in your area that rides the 500, ride with them a while and see how that goes and see if you get invited. FWIW it is a great event, well run, great people, and a all around good time.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.