wr cdi vs. yz cdi

3 replies to this topic
  • wcrhillbilly

Posted September 19, 2008 - 09:49 AM

I have a wr426 grey wire mod done not sure of the yz timing mod but will check! i have replaced and tested every electrical part on my bike(except cdei) and still no spark. Last thing to do here is change out cdi however I'm now on a limited budget! i found a yz cdi for 140 dollars cheaper then i can find the wr cdi
I have a 2001 wr 426 does anyone know or has it been done yet can i swap the cdi's? another words willt he yz cdi work on my WR ?

• Alternative

Posted September 21, 2008 - 04:27 PM

Yes, all WR/YZ400/426 CDIs are interchangeable. The plug for the kill switch and grey wire might be different and may require swapping, but it should still work.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wcrhillbilly

Posted September 22, 2008 - 07:17 AM

someone stated in a post that they may be different voltage outputs one being ac and the other being DC i bought a used yz cdi this weekend and its not working with bike still no spark so it is either a bad cdi still or imcompatibillity issue (yes my spelling stinks)
i found a new yz cdi for 100 bucks cheeper then a new wr cdi! but want to make sure before i purchase another cdi that is doesnt work witht he bike! anybody in washington want to test my cdi on there bikes to see if you get spark? i live in auburn give me a beep bike has been down for 5 months now and its driving me crazy!

• sparkie400

Posted September 22, 2008 - 07:35 AM

hi ive heard the grounding is diferent, not an ac/dc issue but coil ground at generator! dont take my word check it out!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.