New Bars?

6 replies to this topic
  • Mosow

Posted September 18, 2008 - 07:44 PM

Looking for new bars. I have renthal stock bars , I think, they came on the bike. But I am looking for taller and farther back, any ideas. 01 WR 426.

• maxtherat

Posted September 18, 2008 - 07:56 PM

those certainly are not stock. try cr high bend. i like the height of the cr's but they sweep back a little too much for me.

• Mosow

Posted September 18, 2008 - 08:01 PM

What is the difference between stock and the Renthal?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matt4x4

Posted September 19, 2008 - 04:01 AM

The WR came with 7/8 Renthal YZ bend tall bars stock.
They're about the tallest bars you will find unless you get into some ATV bars.
I also find them a little low, however, the problem is actually at the tank/seat, the WR has a much higher and bigger tank, this forces the seat up higher early at the front, pushing you higher in the attack position.
To overcome this, it's best to put on a YZF tank and seat (WRF seat does not fit YZF tank).

• DansDR

Posted September 19, 2008 - 04:47 AM

I just ordered the Pro Taper 7/8 se KX high model...from what I've researched, those and the Renthal Jimmy Buttons are the tallest. I'm 6'0 and I had the Buttons on my DR and they were perfect. I'm trying the Pro Tapers because they are a little narrower for the tight stuff. I'll let you know what I think after I get them installed.

• maxtherat

Posted September 19, 2008 - 07:31 AM

They came with steel bars in 01, not Renthal

• matt4x4

Posted September 19, 2008 - 07:58 AM

my 00 wr400F sure didn't - it came with Renthals, so did my neighbour's 01 wr250F.......could we be priveleged here in Canada?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.