Took the WR to the track!

11 replies to this topic
  • Mosow

Posted September 17, 2008 - 05:44 PM

On big jumps feels like you hit the air brakes. Anyone else get the same feeling?

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted September 17, 2008 - 07:41 PM

Not sure what you are describing? I've been to the track several times, and the only thing i noticed is my lower shock mount bearing is bad.

Possibly you feel like you are not able to clear the doubles very easily? The WR doesn't get much lift because the suspension is so soft. I found that if i can just get the front tire over the edge of the landing, then it doesn't matter if the rear comes up short.

• Mosow

Posted September 17, 2008 - 07:45 PM

Not sure what you are describing? I've been to the track several times, and the only thing i noticed is my lower shock mount bearing is bad.

Possibly you feel like you are not able to clear the doubles very easily? The WR doesn't get much lift because the suspension is so soft. I found that if i can just get the front tire over the edge of the landing, then it doesn't matter if the rear comes up short.

It just scrubs off a lot of speed in the air versus my old Cr250.

• matt4x4

Posted September 18, 2008 - 04:12 AM

Definitely doesn't get near as high or go near as far as an MX bike at the same speed, so you have to compensate - grab another gear and give it - it's fun when you start getting 40+ feet out of the WR - just make sure your landing transition is good - the WR will blow through the softer suspension much faster than an MXer.

• Mosow

Posted September 18, 2008 - 06:11 AM

Definitely doesn't get near as high or go near as far as an MX bike at the same speed, so you have to compensate - grab another gear and give it - it's fun when you start getting 40+ feet out of the WR - just make sure your landing transition is good - the WR will blow through the softer suspension much faster than an MXer.

I tightened up the suspension as much as it would, I got pretty good by the end of the day. Pigs fly OK but the big down hill landing, about 40', was killing the bike and me, to much fun. Their was a guy on a KTM he could not believe I was on WR 426 running around that fast. Back to the trails this weekend before the snow get us.

• cardoc

Posted September 18, 2008 - 08:17 AM

I think what you are describing is riding a 263 pound trail bike on a motocross track. Sounds normal to me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matt4x4

Posted September 18, 2008 - 08:29 AM

I do it almost every day - it's a heavy bike and riding my neighbours 07 KX450F is like riding a mtn bike in comparison - and a lot of fun, but for some reason - although I'm slower on the MX track with it, there's something about my WR that I absolutely LOVE. I don't do a ton of trail, but when I do - I find the PIG to be an absolute pleasure where my neighbour absolutely hates the trails because of his bike.

• face_plant

Posted September 18, 2008 - 09:25 AM

just DONT come up short like i did 2 weeks ago

50ft downhill tripple
made it into a 40 ft uphill tripple
needless to say ouch

• matthewbosworth

Posted February 26, 2012 - 06:15 PM

• simbak01

Posted February 27, 2012 - 01:53 PM

That looks like a lot of fun. Need to try and get my 400 on the track soon, oh and a helmet cam.

Simon

• bluesbiker

Posted February 27, 2012 - 02:00 PM

great video thanks

• Stealth13

Posted February 28, 2012 - 07:16 AM

Get a gopro they are awesome. Check out my street video that's what I filmed with

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.